W Washington D.C.
$217
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
2,436 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were upgraded to a suite due to our Platinum Starwood status. However our sons had to sleep on the very uncomfortable sofa. The room is very spacious and has a very modern contemporary decor but the seatings are uncomfortable. We were also given complementary Continental breakfast, unfortunately that just includes cereal and pastries. We ended up eating breakfast elsewhere - Old Ebbit Grill, just a block north on 15th and Corner Bakery, a block east on F Street, both very good. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is just across the street from the meeting point for the White House Tour, and walking distance to the monuments and Smithsonian. For meals we were able to walk to the Food Court, a couple blocks east on F Street and Chef Geoff's on 13th Street. The Subway station is also just 3 blocks away on F street.
The crowd that gathers in the lobby every evening seems to be the young, affluent, loud and partying type. They either gather at the bar in the lobby or use the elevator to go up to the Bar on the roof top. We ran into them every evening when we went out or came in. Music on the roof top lasted till 2 AM. We could hear the faint beat of the music even on the 6th floor. Fortunately we were so dead tired from all the walking and touring that we just slept through it most nights.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is really nice and very close to the White House. It is also an easy walk to the Washington and Lincoln Memorials and the Smithsonian Museums. There are plenty of restaurants and cafe's close by. Check in was very quick and easy. The room was very clean and tidy and although we overlooked the road there was no noise. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jgzjkiwis
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights whilst attending a conference. The following is a somewhat lengthy tale, but may offer some insights into the strengths and weaknesses of this hotel.
Arriving at 01.00 for check-in was met by surly, basically mono-syllabic desk staff. This, compounded with a hopelessly noisy room (literally could hear conversations from next door rooms), left me contemplating moving hotels, but as had pre-paid that would have been a hassle. Second night of misery with next door room occupants arguing loudly followed by louder "making up" saw me talking to the front desk the next day... and not expecting much after my initial check in experience. However, Dulcey was apologetic and sympathetic and promptly arranged a room move, but to what turned out was a way smaller room. Hmm. I reflected my disappointment in the small room back to Dulcey but accepted that it was the class of room I was paying for and left it at that. Got back later from conference stuff to find message from Laurens, front desk manager, who showed me another room, which was better and so I moved.
So overall I had a good experience with the front of house staff. However, the hotel is a character building which has been renovated and the sound insulation between rooms and the small nature of some of the rooms simply does not match the premium price tag. A reasonably sized room where you dont have to listen to every detail of your neighbour's relationship "ups and downs" is a fairly basic requirement for me.

Other things to note are the top floor bar made possibly the best mojitos I have ever had, and room service late at night (well I wasnt sleeping!) was prompt and courteous.

So overall I wouldn't stay here again. Its too unpredictable a product for the price, no matter how good most of the staff are.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street seem to have good double glazing so I didnt find street noise an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First, here is a warning to future guests we didn't realize:
If you want/need sleep, request it at check-in! The top floor has POV (great) and a dance club on Friday and Saturday nights until 2am. We didn't realize this and got a 9th floor room just under the club. Since this was a one-night retreat to the city to rest and relax, staying awake until 2am listening to booming dance club music was not a special treat. We were later told that at check-in you should request a room away from the club if you would like sleep I think this is sound advice for anyone checking in.

In fairness, management was very apologetic and offered many concessions to make up for the miscommunication, but let this serve as warning to future guests. If you're here to party and plan on staying out until 4am this is your place. But if you're in town to rest and get sleep after a long day either find another hotel or request a low floor room on the opposite side of the night club.

POV roof top bar was an amazing experience, but my advice would be to stay at another hotel and go here for POV.

Room Tip: Sleep: low level, north side of hotel Party: anywhere. You're at home here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Though the exterior remains old style, traditional hotel, the interior is not. Think mod pop art. The lobby decor is basically black and white with red and hot-pink accents. The rooms are sleek and carry on the modern minimalist feel with beds on white lucite frames with black bed throws and chrome light fixtures etc... Though the room was small I found it to be quite comfortable and the space used very well. Furthermore I loved the bathroom set up: great shower, roomy and I loved the Bliss products provided by the hotel. It made me want to go and raid the housekeeping cart for extras - but I did not.
Great view of DC skyline from roof-top bar. If you want a table or seat, you need to reserve a space.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business