W Washington D.C.
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$97
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$328
$167
$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

$129
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$127
$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$120
$110
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$144
$125
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

2,451 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here a few weeks ago on a business trip and quickly fell in love with the place. I always liked the decor of the W chain of hotel but have largely found them to be a disappointment. However this hotel I am glad to say is most definitely an exception to the rule. Everything from the shaggy pile carpet to the exceptional customer service, just loved the experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt584099
wdcinsider, Front Office Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Hi Matt584099,
Thanks for the great review glad you had a fun time with us. Hope to welcome you back soon!
Safe Travels

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I loved the decor of this hotel! Very chic! This is probably the best location in town for site-seeing as it is within walking distance of almost all the major sites. Plus, it is (in a way) a destination in and of itself.

I loved the roof-top bar, too, but be sure to make a reservation if you want a seat. I didn't do that and was disapointed that I wasn't able to get a seat. It was definitely the place to be on Friday at happy hour!

I came into DC for business on a Thursday and stayed over on the weekend to do site-seeing. Overall, my stay was excellent. The room was very small, but nice. Bed was very comfy. Service was EXCELLENT. Concierge and front desk were very helpful! Concierge gave great recs on restaraunts and even provided us free tickets to a couple of places. Everyone was very friendly and polite. I was impressed.

My only very minor complaint is that on a Friday night there were some nearby individuals who were laughing and talking loudly. It sounded like Theresa from the Jersey housewives with a loud accent and horrible cackle. We called the front desk and they took care of it ASAP and even left us an apology note, apples and water the next day. It was not a big deal since I had already taken care of my business and was a Friday night, but if I had had a meeting the next day, I probably would have been a little more annoyed. I suspect the rowdier crowd probably is there on the weekend as this was not a problem on the Thursday night we stayed.

I 100% recommend for anyone staying on a vacation, for fun, to party or to site-see. This hotel is fun and chic and has a ton of personality while still having excellent service and a superior location. I think it is great for young singles, vacationing young couple's, for a girl's get away weekend, site-seers, etc. Again, the location could not be better for site-seeing. It seems to attract alot of young professional types. However, I can't say I would recomend it for anyone for whom peace and quiet as a must. My boss (who is in his late 60's) frequently travels to DC for business. Since he puts a premium on low-key, I did not recommend it to him. But I would not hesitate to stay again!

The bottom line is this: If you are in DC for pleasure, don't hesitate to stay here! If you are in DC on business, it is still a great place to stay but just be aware that it can be noisy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
wdcinsider, Front Office Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Hi ibackbevo,
Thanks for your extensive review. You are spot on in your descriptions; we do host a more energetic crowd on Fridays and Saturdays. As you probably noticed our POV lounge and terrace have a more vivacious energy on those days. Our Living room and J&G Wine bar really are more relaxed and ensure we cater to different audiences. We also host several W happenings throughout the year, follow us on Facebook to see who will be coming to town (yesterday 8/12/11, we hosted Travis Tucker in our living room). Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We can't say enough wonderful things about our experience at the W. The location is amazing...just a block away from the White House. The staff was incredibly accommodating, and friendly. Just like most W hotels, the lobby bar was very hip with fabulous drinks! Our room was quite large, very clean and the beds are super comfy! We enjoyed the complimentary rides in the hotel Acura several times while we were sightseeing ~ they were happy to drop you off anywhere in the city within a 5 mile radius which saved us a ton on cabs! We really loved the W, and would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend to friends!

Room Tip: We were upgraded with our SPG Gold card.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Hi 949beachlover,
Thanks for your great review. I am glad to read you really took full advantage of all we have to offer. Our location does make sightseeing really easy and you're right our Acura service is a great perk. I am sure we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I realize this review will come off as a little bit Jekyll and Hyde. So let's start with the story and then the ups and downs.

I decided to surprise the girlfriend with a night here after dinner at the wine bar downstairs. So the problem was the wine bar was closed for the evening for a private party. Thus blowing the whole evening. And there was a wedding at the bar upstairs until 6:30, so that was out. I realize that the W is a clubby kind of hotel. I get that most of the people shaking it on the rooftop aren't guests at the hotel. However, you'd think there would be some place where guests could go and just drink and talk and have a good time. Not so much. Also, the bartenders don't look that hot to earn the right to be that surly.

The plusses were:
1) A free shoeshine. They come get them and drop them off. I figured it would cost like $20, but it was free. Go figure, because the water in the room is $9
2) A free Acura ride home. Everyone should take advantage of W's partnership with Acura. They will drive you anywhere within 5 miles. Just drop-offs. No pickups. But it was a really nice end to the stay.
3) Stephanie at the front desk was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the WH
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GCC14173
wdcinsider, Front Office Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Hi GCC14173
Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear we were unable to consistently deliver during your experience with us. We have a really cool Wine Bar on our lower level which is part of J&G Steakhouse. The scene is less clubby and would have been a great fit. I am glad to read you enjoyed some of our Whatever/Whenever amenities and our signature Acura service. Please reach out for me on your next visit so I can set up reservations for you at our Wine Bar.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

No SPG Platinum upgrade. We were given a king room probably because it was Saturday evening and the hotel seemed full. Room was small and quite compact. The sink is actually open to the room which was a little odd, but functional. Bliss toiletries as we all expect at a W. Frosted glass wall separating the shower from the room. Beds are wonderful.

We wish we had been forewarned about the noise in this hotel. Had we been looking for a nightclub atmosphere, this would definitely be the place to stay. It holds its own against LA, Vegas or Miami. Here's some highlights of our stay.

Checked in at 4:30 pm. No SPG Platinum upgrade and stuck in a SMALL king bedded room, but we at least had a view towards the White House.

We met friends at 5:45 for dinks in the upstairs lounge which was just starting to draw a crowd. At 7:30 pm we went downstairs to the J&G Steakhouse. We left the steakhouse at 10 pm. In the lobby, there was a DJ and the music was thumping. You could barely hear the person next to you speak. It is an awesome party scene with great lighting if you want to party, otherwise it's way too much. At that point, there was a line of about 30 people waiting to go upstairs to the rooftop terrace and lounge where an even bigger club party is taking place. The downstais lobby was also packed with people listening to the DJ. There is a large security contingent, which in a way is good, but it also makes you wonder what kind of issues they have had that requires the number of security people they have to keep the crowd in check.

Had we been able to hear ourselves think, it would have been fun to stand in the lobby and watch the crowd in various states of dress and undress who were partying. It's nothing more than a thumping lounge scene, and the crowd attracted to the W for their party is well, not what you'll see on Capitol Hill, or for that matter what you will see in any of the hotels surrounding the W.

We stayed on the 8th floor and our room was next to the elevators. Why they put a Platinum Starwood member directly across from the elevators defies logic. Lucky lucky us. We only had to call security twice to shut down unruly partiers. The second time we called was because the party had moved from one of the lounges into the room directly next to ours. Everytime people would come off the elevator we got to hear their conversations and learned all kinds of interesting slang such as "woman, I'm gonna tap that." We also enjoyed hearing a drunken sow yell down the hall, "you want a little brown sugar." And the response, "And a lil of yo molasses!" Wouldn't have we all loved to have been the fly on the wall in their room! Since these people couldn't hear because their eardrums were blasted in the lounges, they would talk overly loud or yell to their friends. Had we been in our 20's or 30's and in the mood to party all night, this might have been a fun atmosphere. But being jarred out of sleep everytime a group came off the elevator was a little much. If you stand by the elevators on any floor, you'll be able to hear the club music from the shaft because you've got it coming both from the lobby and the lounge at the top of the hotel. I cannot imagine having our parents with us or small children that would not be getting any sleep.

We finally drifted off to sleep at around 2 am. Thank God we moved to the Mandarin Oriental the next day. I'll happily forego Starwood Points for the Mandarin any day of the week.

Would I stay at this W again. Absolutely not, UNLESS I was with my guy friends and we were looking to party all night and score. It's like Las Vegas. I have had a blast in Vegas and this is no different.

I just didn't realize that on the weekends, this hotel is an over the top party place for downtown DC. I think management should make it abundantlly clear on the website that this hotel is going to be thumping until all hours of the morning. And as quick and responsive as their security team is, they cannot control drunken people screaming in the hallways or starting "after partys" in their rooms.

IF you want to party and party hard, no expenses spared because the drinks are steep, then bring your bling and have a great time. Parents with children, grandparents, business people, etc. may want to take a pass.

I was not in a party mood. And even though I had a prepaid $189 rate, it was a total waste because the next day I might as well have had a hang over from the lack of sleep I had gotten.

Maybe it's quieter on weekdays.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank PDXStocks

Hi PDXStocks,
Thanks for your extensive review. I am sorry to hear that our weekend scene was not a great fit with your expectations for the weekend. The W tends to attract quite a crowd on Friday and Saturday night inevitably post-party sounds and nighttime music will travel. Our weekdays tend to be mellower. On your next visit please reach out for me as we do value our Platinum SPG members. Since we were unable to offer an upgrade on this stay I will personally see to it that we do so for your return.
Safe travels!