Day or Night Grand Sightseeing Tour of Washington DC with Stops at 8 Top Sites

Book in advance
from
$59.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience United States Botanic Garden
from $59.00
from $44.00
from $124.00
from $66.00
2,812 results
All reviews plants and flowers corpse flower different areas capitol building national mall across the street displays gardening species medicinal beauty benches stroll fountain
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Of all the things we did in DC, our kids (ages 12 & 14) say this was their favorite experience. When I first mentioned going to the Botanic Garden, I could tell they were less than enthusiastic about visiting a "garden," but once we arrived they were wowed. I had planned it as a stopover on the way to our Capitol tour given the close proximity, but it ended up being a highlight of our trip. Our favorite exhibit was The Tropics, but there were many beautiful things to see throughout the conservatory. We passed through a few guided tours in progress and the staff was very knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

I hadn't planned on visiting but it started to rain just as I was passing on my whirlwind tour of the DC monuments. Lovely displays of tropical, desert, flowering and other kinds of plants make for a lovely living respite from communing with all the heroes the monuments honor. It gets a 4 because simply because I've seen a 5 - Garfield Park Conservatory, located in Chicago - the world's largest garden under glass, also, I believe, the first.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised that we spent several hours at the US Botanic Garden. I thought it would be a quick walk-through, but there were so many beautiful flowers and plants to see and I couldn't get our 8 year-old to leave the children's garden.
The Children's Garden is just lovely ... there are large planters with small shovels and watering cans for the kiddos to dig, plant and just get their hands dirty. There was also a small play set with interactive features, and misting showers. Plenty of seating for parents and it seemed like all the parents were happy to enjoy some alone time.
The indoor gardens and exhibits in the Conservatory were amazing. As we walked up the stairs, the temperature also rose, making you feel like you were walking through a lush jungle. Needless to say, after about 3 minutes we ran for the stairs to cool down. There are also several smaller rooms, each dedicated to a specific climate / type of greenery. This was a very nice break from all the museums and historical sites.

2  Thank Dee K
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

We loved it and although some areas were really congested and hot, enjoyed every minute of the visit.
Beautiful and extraordinary. Can't miss it if you like plants and flowers. I loved the rare plant section for sure.

2  Thank travel2014canada
Reviewed April 25, 2019

Nice place to maybe take a break from all of the museums. A great walk through the wonderful plants.

1  Thank 10sJohn