“very nice memorial”

and up
DC After Dark
Ranked #19 of 472 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: This outdoor memorial is the most popular of presidential memorials, in large part because of its elegant design, which includes waterfalls and sculptures.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed July 9, 2013

plenty of benches in shade for resting and much larger than I expected, nicely done and has a gift shop and restrooms.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,280)
All reviews
in 554 reviews
"eleanor"
in 302 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This memorial may not get that much attention, bu it really should. It is divided into sections for each of his terms as President. There is a great emphasis on water and fountains, which I found quite refreshing in the mean DC heat. Great sculptures, and very powerful quotes. It is indeed very different from other memorials, with again, the waterfalls, and unique rock 'formations' which were man-made, but provided great symbols for the themes of some of the terms. There is a sculpture of First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.

1  Thank Hotelman325
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This memorial is definitely one of a kind... the way it was designed and how it's layed-out is so impressive. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed walking this memorial! So much to learn, remember from history class, and see. ;)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We talked our Segway tour guide into taking a quick detour to this memorial as we had never seen it before and we were so glad we did. The waterfalls and statues were beautiful!