“A different monument”

$55.00*
Morning DC Small-Group Bus Tour
Ranked #10 of 453 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: This outdoor memorial is the most popular of presidential memorials, in large part because of its elegant design, which includes waterfalls and sculptures.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Been there at night. The memorial is very nicely built. You walk through outdoor sectors which build step by step. There are important and historic messages as you walk.
The experiance gives a wonderful addition of light and shade.

1  Thank bomal

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Really a beautiful setting. Excellent open air walk thru with very informative plaques throughout depicting the president's past accomplishments and history. I really liked the real life model as you first enter, took several photographs next to Mr. Roosevelt.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my favorite because FDR is my favorite President. I remember as a child of seven being with my Mother downtown shopping when we heard the news of FDR's death. My Mother said, "your Daddy is going to be so upset". That really upset me, I was too young to personally grieve the President's death but I clearly understood what my beloved Daddy being upset meant!
The memorial is so inspiring I have pictures and postcards of it and truly treasure them.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was given a very informative tour by the ranger, John Kirkpatrick. He is clearly well informed and has done his own research. It brought the memorial to life

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just Love this one. It meanders along the banks of the tidal basin, it's a refreshing spot to stop for a moment and read the timeline of the FDR presidency. The quotes they have inscribed in the walls are salient still today and remind us of where we have been and the lessons we need to learn from history. While I love the Jefferson Memorial for it's grandeur and history, and the Lincoln Memorial for it's iconic nature, I LOVE the FDR for it's slightly melancholy beauty and heart.