“Enjoyable and Educational Trip Everyone Should Take”
Review of Embassy Row

Ranked #87 of 444 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The section of Massachusetts Avenue with many embassies and the house of the Vice President located on one end.
Silver Spring, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and Educational Trip Everyone Should Take”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was the time for the Embassy Open House that I had an opportunity to walk and visit embassies. Each has its own unique way to decorate the location and presents valuable-cultural views that allowing me to learn while visiting each embassy. I visited many countries within 2 weekends through my very own cameras i.e. eyes.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sue S

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Embassy tour”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's been a while since I went on the tour but it was very memorable. You can hop on the tour bus or walk from one embassy to another. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to have a long day.

Eustis, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Beautiful walk”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

If you can, take the time to walk Embassy row near Dupont Circle. The architecture of the embassies alone is worth it. Seeing a row of restaurants or houses, then in the middle of them is an embassy (Which is sovereign territory of the nation it belongs to) is kind of surprising! I mean if your neighbor just happens to be an embassy, who do you complain to if they play their radio too loud, or don't mow their lawn? LOL!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank gpisces
Illinois
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Loved walking around Embassy Row”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I didn't even realize this existed in DC until my husband mentioned it during our stay. On the morning of our departure from DC, we decided to take a quick drive. We ended up parking our car and walking 5 or 6 blocks down Massachusettes Ave. My boys - ages 13 & 11 really enjoyed seeing all the flags from the different embassies. I enjoyed it even more than them I think. The buildings are gorgeous. It's such a wonderful educational experience. And, it's such a powerful moment to realize that all of these countries have come together in this one area of our nation's capitol. Highly recommend a drive or walk through this gorgeous area.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BaseballFan5
Washington DC
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Come in May”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Come in May for Passport DC when the embassies have an open house. EU countries participate one weekend and non-EU on another.

Visited May 2012