“Consistently top-notch!”

Shakespeare Theatre Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Shakespeare Theatre Company produces and presents award-winning plays in its two venues in downtown Washington D.C., attracting many theatre-goers from D.C., Maryland, Virginia and from around the world. As a non-profit arts organization our education programs bring classical theatre experiences, critical discussions and vital academic resources into area schools and communities. We also host a number of other arts organizations who perform world class dance, music, and much more.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I have seen a number of performances here - Shakespeare and otherwise - over the past several years. We have been very impressed because consistently the performances have been top-notch. If you are a Shakespeare-lover, or know one, don't miss the wonderful selection in the gift shop when you are there!

There are newer reviews for Shakespeare Theatre Company

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to the Shakespeare Theater for the past 3 years and enjoyed the shows, staff, volunteers so much that I recently signed up to volunteer usher which I enjoy immensely. The theater is inviting to first time theater goers as well as veterans. I have not seen a play I have not enjoyed since I have gone. Highly recommend to those who have never been to the theater before as well as to those who attend on a regular basis.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Local Shakespeare afficianados know that this is THE place to go see quality plays, often with direction that takes a new spin on old favorites. The casts are full of local favorites like Floyd King and Nancy Robinette, but often feature some surprising guests more familiar from Broadway and TV.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful repertoire company, drawing other playwrights roughly half the time. Innovative productions but never crazily so. Expert acting, terrific sets.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

On a friend's recommendation, I attended STC's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I have seen the play many times and only went because she raved about how unusual and funny and magical it was. Well, she was right. I always cringe through the scenes with the theater troupe, but they were a hoot. The actor who played Bottom is the same one who stole the performance of "Nice Work If You Can Get It" on Broadway from two outstanding stars. The staging is brilliant - very hard to describe, but someone had an inspiration - and the acting was wonderful across the board. Puck and Oberon were particular standouts, but I loved them all. Finally, the choice of musical bits was humorous and the lighting set the mood perfectly. The show has been extended to January 6th - go!

1  Thank JulieUMFan