“Enjoyable experience”

$55.00*
Epic Evening Tour: Small Group Bus Tour
Ranked #29 of 458 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Walked through the center -- beautiful. Saw the "Shear Madness" play with my family and loved it! Very entertaining murder mystery with audience interaction. From start to finish, we laughed and enjoyed the performance. Very good cast! Highly recommended. Shuttle picked us up and delivered us to Foggy Bottom Station (very convenient).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Kennedy Center is absolutely a national treasure. It needs to be cherished by everyone. I have been to many shows, musicals, and orchestra performaces and never had a bad seat or felt I overpaid. My grandchildren have greatly enjoyed the often free programs expecially for their age groups. The building itself and the concert hall is outstanding.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Saturday matinee of The Book of Mormon with my wife and two teenage boys. The seats were pretty good that I purchased from stub hub and the show was fantastic! This is an excellent show an I had the opportunity to shake the hand and thank one of the leads on the way out. Great show!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We watched National Youth Symphony Orchestra concert, and Joshua Bell played Tchaikovsky violin concerto. Kennedy Center is huge, there are 3 theaters in it. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Kennedy Center is not just for theater and opera -- I went to an amazing conference here for Special Needs Art Education and learned that Kennedy"s sister Jean started this amazing program (VSA), along with being ambassador to Ireland. On the upstairs huge terrance, which surrounds the building, you can walk all the way around and get excellent views of the city and monuments in the distance. Inspiring quotes by Kennedy about the arts' relation to civilization are engraved on the walls, and there is an enormous bronze head of Kennedy on the main floor. Other discoveries: You need a tour guide to see the art, which is roped off in lobbies, so I missed that experience. There are free shows at 6 pm every night on open stages in the Millenium hallway (I saw a local teen musical about National zoo animals missing their home habitats -- good social awareness) -- the day before was Kentucky Blue Grass and the day after was from China... diversity plus. Saw the mystery comedy Shear Madness for half price (rush tickets at box office discounted to $24) and loved it, although I didn't expect to -- not just slapstick, but wordplay and updated with current news references. Clever, gay content, and don't read this if you like surprises, but the audience picks the killer by vote and determines the end of the play. Great set, too, and silly hats and snacks and cocktails available for sale at intermission. TRANSPORTATION: there is a free red shuttle bus between Foggy Bottom Metro station and the K center (people were singing on the bus! a first for me). The gift shop is somewhat overpriced ( I found similar items the next day for a third less) but it is a good cause, so okay.