“Millennium Stage”

$45.00*
Washington DC Twilight Tour
Ranked #29 of 460 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Every night at 6:00 p.m., the Kennedy Center Millennium Stage presents a concert or other program that is free and open to the public. We were fortunate enough to see six concerts beginning on Christmas night. The holiday programs ranged from jazz to gospel to bluegrass to a vaudeville evening. The performances are well done, but I advise arriving early because seating is first come, first served and is limited.
The performances are streamed live on the website listed below; they also archive past performances.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed January 5, 2012

you should not miss this play, its hilarious and the price is very good for what you get

Reviewed January 4, 2012

My 12 yr old son and I went to see Billy Elliot at the Kennedy Center. The Kennedy Center is a great facility and worth a visit if you are in the DC area. In 1986, I was on a high school trip and a friend and I got tickets to see Carousel with Tom Wopat. I was hooked.

Since my kids were 5, we have taken them to the family shows that are only an hour and based on kid's books. We also took them to see the Lion King. My husband and I saw the Producers. The theater is magnificent. They offer free shows on weekends with various performance artists.

I did like Billy Ellliot enough. On the Kennedy center website, they offer what shows are appropriate for what ages. BE was recommended for 11 and up. My son had a challenging time understanding the Northern England accent. Also I found it peculiar that our Billy Elliot was of Japanese heritage. It was unexpected because this is the Broadway version tour ( as opposed to a community playhousee) and tickets were $100 a piece. I thought I could look past it and would not notice after a while, but when he kept calling his parents "dad" and "mum" it was hard for to look past it because they in no way look related. I wonder if an Asian person would feel the same way if Miss Saigon was Caucasian or Latino? The boy who played BE was unbelievably talented and very good at his craft. I see why they chose him to play the part. As I said, it was a bit unexpected. The next day my son saw the TV commercial for BE and said, " he doesn't look like the kid we saw." I read the NY reviews and no one else comments on this. That leads me to believe that BE resembles his parents in the NY version. It didn't really determine how I felt about the musical just found it peculiar.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We have attended such a diversity of entertainment here, from sword fighting exhibitions, concerts, operas, ballets, and even visiting the balcony just to relax. It's an amazing place where the entire family can enjoy and there are also free shows daily at the Milenium Stage. What perfection!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Saw a great musical there. Complimentary party in the lobby afterward. Fun show; great setting. Convenient shuttle from the metro.