“Breakfast”

Article One - American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Article One - American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: D Street, NW
Transit: 2.5 blocks from Union Station (Metro Red line)
Description: Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution establishing the structure of Congress, Article One – American Grill is conveniently situated in the airy Atrium lobby of Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Our restaurant is open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch, and relaxing dinner. Indulge in seasonal flavors and signature cocktails on Capitol Hill. Breakfast features Hyatt's signature breakfast menu in addition to a daily breakfast buffet. For lunch, enjoy a selection of creative soups, salads, sandwiches and grilled entrees. Dinner provides an upscale grill menu, featuring Certified Angus Beef steaks, chops, and seafood. Generous side dishes and a selection of desserts pair nicely with the grill menu. Two semi-private dining rooms are available to be reserved for up to 14 guests, or the rooms can be combined for up to 28 guests.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

horrible coffee. For $22.00 a plate for breakfast you would think the coffee would be a better quality :(

Visited December 2013

Chicago Suburbs
“two meals”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Buffet $22. we had eggs benedict and only one egg of four wasn't hard. not so great.
Dinner, had the salmon salad special which was fab. DW had a burger and fries, loved tem.

Visited October 2013
NJ
“Five stars because it's excellent for a hotel restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ate here last night with a group of colleagues staying at the hotel. We had made no reservation, but they sat us in a private room [separated from the rest of restaurant by a mesh curtain] that was comfortable and quite. We started by picking out a few wines - from a nice list; very pleasant and good value...we ordered a few refills, too. Appetizers were a delicious calamari and rock shrimp dish, breaded and fried and served with a lovely remoulade-type sauce, and roasted lamb flatbread. Most of us got steak - which was very good, nicely seasoned. My mashed Yukon Golds were just the right accompaniment. I was too full for dessert, but I did order a capuccino which was gigantic [like a cafe au lait at breakfast in Parus]. Service was attentive. i think we were all very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service. So, no, it wasn't the best meal every, not by a long shot - but it topped the list of lobby restaurants at chain hotels.

• Visited September 2013
“JUST AWESOME!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Food and the service is fantastic! I ordered shimp cocktail for appetizer and ny strip for the main entree! unbelievably good, my server mary is really friendly and exceeded my expectation! such a lovely girl! she knows what type of wine i like and very much knowledgable with food and wines! hosts are very friendly too! buffa and emilliano are lovely!!! will be back!!!

• Visited September 2012
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“I was more fond of the lounge/ bar”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong the restaurant was very nice. The atmosphere was very nice. The food while expensive was very good. We went for dinner, and at restaurants such as this with small menus I always seem to have trouble deciding on what I want. That night I ordered the Article One Salad and the lamb meat balls, which were an appetizer, they were AMAZING. The service was also great our glasses were never empty.
But What I loved the most was the the bar/lounge. We spent part of every evening there and it was awesome. I found my new favorite drink there. I recommend the Raspberry Lemon Drop to anyone. The complementary chips and onion dip was to die for. I also tried, I believe it was, the braised short rib bbq sand which with the sweet potato fries it was awesome! It was such a lovely place.

Visited August 2013