Tripadvisor

8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,023 of 3,966 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Join us at Opaline for thoughtful, French-inspired cuisine in the heart of the District of Columbia! Opaline Bar and Brasserie in Washington, D.C., serves classic French food–food that people love and remember because it is consistent and simply prepared every time. The all-day menu features favorites including Oysters on the Half Shell, Brandade, Steak Frites, Bouillabaisse, Herb Roasted Chicken and our signature Opaline Burger topped with gruyere and caramelized onions. The Bar offers classic bites such as Gougeres and Deviled Eggs, as well as more satisfying plates like Moules Frites, Croque Monsieur and Tuna Nicoise. You can end your meal with Beignets, Macarons or Pavlova wherever you choose to dine.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m staying at the Sofitel and this restaurant is located in the lobby. I sat at the bar as I was dining alone and the bar staff is very friendly and accommodating.

The halibut entree was excellent and I also had a side of the brussel sprouts which I enjoyed as well. Prices are a little high but the convenience, atmosphere and staff make it worth the trip, and of course the food is very good!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I went to The Opaline for restaurant week 2020. The atmosphere was classy and relaxed, the food was great and the service was even better. The manger on duty, Justine really made our night feel special. She was very attentive and added that extra touch to our night. We all left saying what a great time we had. I know I’ll be back very soon!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 11, 2019

I had the best experience at Opaline Bar in the Sofitel Hotel. The bartender had exceptional customer service and makes delicious cocktails too! Next time you’re in DC, you should stop in and see if Marlos is working as he’s the best!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2019

We had the Charcuterie for Lunch with three meats & three cheeses ... it came with a nice selection of additional elements, but not quite enough crackers ... I was glad we had saved the bread basket to have with our cheeses. I really enjoyed the honey & the fig spread. Awesome lunch.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 1, 2019

Excellent beers and delicious food after visiting The Mall! We enjoyed our stay while sitting outside on the terrace very much!

Date of visit: September 2019