“Surprised Me”
Review of Cafe du Parc

Cafe du Parc
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe du Parc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: 5 minute walk from 13th Street Metro Center Station. Various bus stops are within walking distance.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I discovered this restaurant on a travel website and decided to check it out. Upon arriving, we discovered that they were only serving lunch and the menu was very limited. There were about ten main course choices and ten collective soups, salads, and appetizers. I ordered a lobster roll and I verbosely expressed my concerns that the lobster was shredded. I worried for non reason, because it was delightful. While the lobster was in a salad form, it was still very good and you could tell that it was fresh. I enjoyed the environment and the great views of city life. We also ordered a grilled ham and cheese sandwich that was $18. While very expensive, it was the best grilled ham and cheese that I have ever tasted. I would go back for dinner. Helpful tip: choose outdoor seating, it is shady and very nice, the inside lacks ambiance and is actually rather bland. Don't bring young children, it isn't for picky pallates. My only complaint is that we actually had multiple waiters. One took our order, one brought the water, one brought the food, and one came for the bill. It seemed unorganized and we were confused about who to tip.

MatthewRobATL, Manager at Cafe du Parc, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear FLTraveler887,

I'm glad we surprised you in a positive way. It's nice to hear when our Guest's expectations are exceeded. I can understand how confusing it might have been to have four different people service your table, technically it should have been three, but everyone is always looking for ways to help one another. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Roy was an excellent server and suggested the brunch, or, if you did not want that, other items on the menu...such as the buckwheat crepe with cheese and mushrooms and ham...Oh my was that delectable! Fresh orange juice, excellent coffee, lovely outdoor setting in the privacy of a private garden...great value for $25 per person. And romantic! The croissants, like being in Paris!

Dear cathysterling,

Thank you for your recent review of Cafe du Parc. It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We take pride in our offerings and I'm glad you noticed. Roy has been recognized for his "excellent service" and he is looking forward to your next visit, as are we. Thanks for helping our business grow.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Breakfast, is boring and overpriced; but dinner is well worth it. The outdoor seating provided a wonder atmosphere for the meal.

Dear Michael O,

Thank you for joining us on your recent visit to Washington, DC. I'm pleased hear you enjoyed sitting outdoors on our terrace for dinner, it really is a unique experience. I only wish you had the same great time when you joined us for breakfast. I will review your comments with our culinary team and hopefully by the next time you visit we will have added a few more exciting options. I appreciate your honest feedback, thank you for taking the time to write it. Please join us again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

You're paying for the location. Average, expensive food. Terrible service. I had to go hunting for the waiter to refill my glass of water.

Karan P, Manager at Cafe du Parc, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Bear 1144 ,

Thank you for your constructive review . We will definitely address this with our team and will try to make sure that this does not happen again. Please contact us directly at 202-942-7009 when you revisit Washington DC and hopefully we can win your confidence and trust in us.

Karan Patney

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The best thing about the restaurant is it's location: at the very heart of Washington close to the White House. The other good thing is service: unobtrusive and very efficient. Here the good new ends. The food is very very average. I would not come back to this restaurant, particularly considering abundance of high quality places in Washington

MatthewRobATL, Manager at Cafe du Parc, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear alekseyNewYork,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your desire to help us improve our offerings and I apologize that our food did not met your expectations. We are always looking for new ways to improve so your input is very important to us. Could you please let me know what items you and your party had so that I can review it in further detail with the culinary team? You can reach me directly at matthew.robinson@ihg.com. Next time your in the area please join us again and let us know how we've improved, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Warm Regards,