“Absolutely delicious!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Q St.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love Mexican food and am very picky, so I was thrilled when I found this restaurant! The food was delicious, the margaritas were tasty, and they actually had hot sauce that was really hot! Great service too. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had spent the afternoon up the hill at Dumbarton Oaks and were trying to catch the last few minutes of a tied football game, so made a bee-line for the closest venue with a TV - turned out to be Los Cuates. We sat at the bar, were promptly and properly served, mango margarita was awesome, beer was very cold. And then they served us chips and salsa. Smart move! We had been planning on finding a good place for dinner after our drink - the chips and salsa were so good, we figured the food had to be as well, and we weren't disappointed. My Masitas de Puerco was excellent, the ceviche was perfect, the empanadas the best I'd ever had. Great find!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I don't quite see why all the raves about Los Cuates. The Mexican food is pretty good, but definitely not outstanding. The dining room is crowded and service is just OK. The drink menu lists the standard collection of bottled Mexican beers with nothing on draft. Drinks including wines and beers are listed without prices, but nothing seems particularly expensive. I'd opt for the $35 pitcher of margaritas if you have a group large enough to consume six good size drinks. Salsa and chips were mediocre at best. Tacos and enchiladas and various mixed plates that our group ordered weren't particularly creative. The specials of the evening, pork mole tacos and fish tacos, were served somewhat cold. Mole sauce didn't have the richness I expect and was served cool in a little metal container as a side. Food is pretty much what you get in a Mexican chain restaurant; not much in the way of rich fruity chiles or chipotles. Anyone from the Southwest or California has seen much better. It's a good local hangout, but not a great restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We entered the restaurant around 7:00 pm on a Saturday and it was busy but the three of us were seated right away. Maybe the locals were all away for the weekend. While the room isn't big, we were comfortable, and there was a lot to see as the waiters bustled by serving nearby tables and apparently ones upstairs, too.

There are many attractive veggie options on the menu. Our food was served fairly quickly and was delicious. If you eat fish, consider the salmon margarita salad, which was tasty and refreshing on a hot summer night. Prices were more than fair considering the high quality -- all of our entrees were $10-$15.00 each.

If the desserts on the menu don't appeal, there is terrific gelato place a few door away. Locals are lucky to have both in their neighborhood.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food is good but the service is very very terrible. At first the waiter (the one with glasses) let my parents, grandparents and I wait for 40 minutes then told us "the kitchen forgot to take our order."

Later the waiter put a cocktail on the middle of two uneven tables and spilled it all. He said the restaurant would give us another for free; however, when he gave me the receipt later I saw two drinks on it. I asked him why and he still tried to trick me by saying that he bought one drink for us over and over again. I guess he thought I was drunk and tried to deceive me. I asked him if he bought the drink why the receipt said two. As he saw no way to get through, he said sorry and got us another receipt.

A moment ago when I was checking my bills online I saw there were two bills charged by Los Cuates at the same day. One is the actual dinner cost (I keep the receipt) and the other one said we spent $33.82 at the same night, and I have no idea what it's for. It's more than just a drink. The waiter of the restaurant is very dishonest and the service destroyed our night there.