“Nice”

Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: 31st Street
Fort Lauderdale
“Nice”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Friday night we were there was unbelievably full. We had to wait for a table in spite of making reservations beforehand. I was surprised that the restaurant was small, crowded and too loud. Not the quiet intimate place I had expected. The food was good but nothing great. Maybe living in South Florida has spoiled me though.

Visited November 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is the second time I come here with my family, and the experience this time was as good as or even better than last time.
We shared paellas between 9 people and there was so much food that we could not eat it all and had to take some home.
There was lobster, squid, shrimp, sea food galore in one of the paellas and the other was a chicken one.
The tapas as starters were unforgettable. I particularly loved the steak!
The waiter was friendly and extremely patient with us (a loud family with a baby!)
I ate so much I could not have dessert, but did not resist and had a spoonful of chocolate cake from my sister, and believe me, it was unbelievable.
To make things even better, the price was very good!

• Visited January 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Fun bar for conversation”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Met friends at the bar here for drinks. The bar tender was very friendly and attentive. Fun environment but quiet enough for easy conversation. Good drinks.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Daniel T
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent sangria, great small plates and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had been to the Kennedy Center for a concert and wanted to visit Georgetown and see what it was all about. We got a cab and asked the driver for a recommendation for someplace to eat, he didn't seem to really know so I just told him to drop us in the middle of Georgetown near the restaurants. He dropped us off and we looked across the street and there was Bodega staring us in the face. We stuck our nose in the door and it looked very nice and actually seemed very lively for a Thursday night. We were seated immediately and our waiter was there in no time asking us what we would like. He recommended a Rioja sangria (Rioja is one of my favorite wines anyway) and we got a pitcher. It was fantastic!!! We then ordered several tapas choices and started drinking the wine. The food came and it was fantastic as well. It was just one of those great nights when all seemed right with the world. I would highly recommend Bodega when you are in Georgetown.

• Visited October 2013
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Good choice for tapas in G'town”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Bodega was the last of 3 'small plate' restaurants that we ate at in our recent 5 night stay in D.C. - the others were Oyamel and Zaytinya. Most of our selections were quiet tasty, well prepared and presented. I can recommend the lentil soup w/chorizo (my wife promised to try recreating it once we got home - - still waiting!), the seared octopus, the duck leg confit (excellent!), grilled lamb chops and grilled mushrooms. The room is very attractive, the service was fine and there's a nice selection of Spanish wines with plenty in the reasonable $30-$40 price range.

• Visited November 2013