“Good be Better!”

Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: 31st Street
New Jersey
“Good be Better!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Interesting stop along M Street and visually attractive. But if you've been to more authentic tapas places you may be disappointed! Service seemed to be strained, like they were bothered you came in and the tapas only average. Not my favorite palce along this great street.

• Visited March 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Authentic tapas and very good”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I spend two weeks in Spain last spring and this place was authentic. It was a great find as we were walking around Georgetown. There were two of us and we ordered 4-5 tapas and were sufficiently full. The bacon wrapped figs were unbelievable amazing as well as the rest of the items we ordered, and the red sangria was very good. I definitely recommend.

Visited October 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

It should be known that I really love authentic Spanish tapas, so keep that in mind when reading this review!

It is very hard to get authentic and delicious Spanish tapas where I live (Milwaukee), so when I travel to bigger cities, I always try to find a tapas restaurant. Bodega did not disappoint!

We ordered the tortilla espanola, calamari with squid ink rice, hearts of palm with shrimp & avocado, patatas bravas, cod with lentils, and sangria. To be honest, the patatas bravas were among the worst I have ever had - bland and overcooked. But the rest of the entrees were so wonderful, especially the cod and the calamari, that we didn't waste our time with the potatoes.

I would say that this was tbe best meal I had on my last trip to DC.

• Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went to Bodega for lunch. The lunch box special was good, but they are very small portions. I had the calamari which was very good, but there were only about 5 pieces. I also had the chorizo soup. This was very good. The potato and onion quiche was just okay, and it was cold. The service was excellent, the atmosphere is very comfortable. Overall, it was a nice lunch, but next time I think that I would order the soup and a meal.

Visited October 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“food, atmosphere and energy”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a great experience here. The food is interesting and very well prepared. The sangria was good (not great), but was a nice addition to the meal. The atmoshpere is lively, with small tables close together and a bit loud. The bathrooms have an odd layout. The service was excellent, and the waitstaff really enjoyed making recommendations.

• Visited September 2013