Recommended experiences in and around Washington DC
from $52.20
from $49.00
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews twilight tour private tour recommend rob great tour national mall walking tour lincoln memorial insight information tours learning knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Me and my wife spent a tremendous evening with Rob visiting many of the monuments in and around the National Mall. Rob was an invaluable source of information and without him as a tour guide we would not have learned the significance of each of the monuments, as well as what they represented.
He has a vast knowledge not only of the monuments but of Washington DC in general and I highly recommend that you check out his YouTube channel prior to visiting DC.
A genuinely friendly and informative guide who gave a very personal tour who I really suggest you use when visiting DC

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I highly recommend using Rob of Trip Hacks DC as your guide! We booked with him, received confirmation emails from him, walked the tour route with him, and paid him! In other words- he IS the man behind the curtain and operates as though his business depends upon his execution! He has a thorough and deep knowledge of history. Don't walk the monuments on your own, you won't take away nearly the depth of profundity by reading the signs and inspecting them for yourself. He brought to life the surrounding political, social and historical climates behind these works of art. Rob adeptly balanced a style of teaching and conversation through thought provoking questions. Well done! Walking tour at night is beautiful and brings out the drama in each monument.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I found Rob via Youtube while planning a trip to DC for myself and my daughter. His video's are filled with helpful tips-I would definitely recommend watching. I decided to sign us up for the evening (630p-930p) Monumental Trivia Tour. I had previously toured the monuments years ago and am a huge history buff. What else could I learn about the monuments? Well, it turns out, a lot! Rob is extremely knowledgeable about the monuments, history, and DC. Both my daughter and I loved the tour-definitely a highlight of our trip!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Our family (2 adults, 3 children under 13, 2 seniors) loved Rob. The videos he does (check out his youtube channel) were amazingly helpful planning our trip, and his tour exceeded every expectation that we had.

The tour, done in the evening, hit all the major monuments on the Mall, and gave us information on each that would have taken a lot of research and time. He went into the history of each monument, its meaning, and the general overall design, giving us a deeper appreciation for what we were seeing.

The tour feels to be almost personalized as he takes into account everyone's needs and interests. Most importantly, with 2 seniors with us, and three children, he kept everyone engaged. My children can be a handful at times, and ask the most off the wall questions, and Rob easily rolled with the punches.

At the end of the tour, he made sure we got situated and helped us get transportation, even helping with a recommendation as to what we should eat (after giving him some preferences and an area) as it was late.

This is something everyone should do. The large tour groups have their appeal, but it is the one on one attention you get that made it worth while. While the price is a little bit higher than the big tours, the cost covers your entire group, so you can easily make it work or worth while for the family.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018

My son found Rob on YouTube before we visited DC. I wasn't sure about spending that money for a walking tour, but I am so glad that we did! Having Rob visit the monuments with us and telling us about the details was worth every penny! My favorite site was the Korean War monument, and Rob is so knowledgeable and friendly. Don't miss it!