“Great location”

Club Quarters Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Ranked #96 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving long weekend and were very happy with the value we got for our money.

The hotel has a great location and is located across some nice cafes and has a nice restaurant downstairs as well as nearby.

Wifi is included in the price of the rooms, which should be standard by now, and there is a water cooler in the hallway and you can fill up with their provided bottles.

On our first morning we heard quite loud construction beside our room and the front desk guys gladly moved us to the other side of the hotel and they upgraded us to the suite for free.

The only issue is that we showed up after 6pm and all the parking lots in Washington were closed for the night. We ended up parking on the side of the road for free for the rest of the night and then having to move the car at 7am the next morning.

Other than that, everything was great and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Picked up this bargain on Priceline. If you're looking for the big hotel experience look somewhere else. However, if you want a clean room, modern bathroom, HDTV, a reasonable price restaurant, a lounge offering coffee, espresso and cappuccino this is the place. The rooms are small, about 300 square feet, a suite is only $25 extra per night.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Club Quarters in Houston back in September I had such a great experience that I was very happy to know they have a location in DC! They even gave me a repeat guest discount as I was leaving Houston to use for my DC stay.

This hotel location is excellent, the White House is only a block away and if you need to travel father out there are a couple of Metro stations near by and taxis are very easy to hail outside the hotel.

Our stay was pleasant, the bed was comfy (note at night we could heard the metro since the station is so close to the hotel but it didn't disrupt our sleep) and we enjoy the computer room, we print our boarding passes and some other tickets we needed for free, the free cappuccino was also a plus.

There is a restaurant downstairs with a very good breakfast selection

Room Tip: rooms are small but clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Showed up at 11pm and was told they had no room for me because somebody extended their stay. The room had been paid for by the company I work for and the reservation was made almost 8 weeks prior. There were no other hotels in area to stay. This place sucks. Then when I called the next morning to complain the gentleman who said he could help after I told him I wanted a manager said he couldn't help me. He then hung up me. Classy place. Awful service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank JLK445
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I took a long awaited trip to DC and booked 4 nights at Club Quarters. The price was reasonable, beds were comfy, pillows puffy, the room was clean but spartan and we loved access to the communal computer/living room. We enjoyed free snacks there on Thursday - unfortunately they stop the snacks Friday thru Sunday, but do have a fabulous latte, cappucino, espresso machine that is free as well as free filtered water on each floor. You just fill your own from the plastic bottles available.
There's also a restaurant attached to the hotel that's convenient. There's no concierge, but Rany at the front desk was MOST helpful in getting us whatever we needed!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marshhaven
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I think I inhaled a pack of cigarettes or more of second hand smoke during my stay (inside my room). For anyone who detests cigarette smoke, be very careful to be sure that you don't get stuck unknowingly on a smoking floor. I didn't know hotels had smoking floors anymore, and I ended up getting a room on a smoking floor without anyone telling me. I didn't realize it until after it was too late, though the stale stinky odor of a smoking room should have triggered me to ask earlier. At night, I could have sworn somebody was blowing smoke straight into my room for hours on end, that is how bad it was. Ruined my night of sleep and even affected my clothing.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Kregg K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Convenient to all central DC attractions. Very accomodating and even provide a few perks like free bottled water. A little noisy do to the park across the street and it's proximity to city center. But very comfy and convenient to metro. I would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends