“Very Convenient Location”

Club Quarters Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Ranked #95 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My son and I just got back from a two-night stay at the Club Quarters in DC. I've stayed at both the New York WTC and Philadelphia locations before, and the Club Quarters in DC is consistent with those two other hotels. All are in good locations, clean, and affordable.

On this visit, we stayed in a suite which had a queen bed (they don't really seem like queens, more similar in size to doubles/fulls) and a full size pull-out couch. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave, which was really convenient. The rooms are small, but clean and well appointed.

The location is excellent, approximately three blocks from the White House. Also, the hop-on-hop off trolley has a stop about two blocks from the hotel, if you are interested in doing sight-seeing tours.

The restaurant on the first floor has a good happy hour menu which is affordable and kid-friendly with things like wings and nachos. That's the only type of food that we got there, so I don't have any comments on their regular menu.

I didn't have any issues with service. I found everything to be very pleasant and helpful. I am, however, a very low maintenance, self-service kind of traveler. If you are looking for lot of bells and whistles and pampering, this is probably not your kind of place.

I would return to this hotel. In fact, I am considering booking it to take my mother to see the cherry blossoms next year.

The place that they refer you to for parking, Washington Square, is about three blocks away. I think there was less expensive parking a tad bit closer to the hotel.

Room Tip: There's a great little deli on I (Eye) Street to grab some breakfast. I think it's called D...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TamPgh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We didn't really run into any trouble with the hotel. It just seemed that the staff really kept to themselves and didn't smile too much. When we checked it, they gave us the keys and didn't say much more. No offering us maps or anything (which we noticed were available when we checked out. Would've helped if they offered it to us when we checked in.)

We were just traveling in town for 2 days to take a look around DC. The location was prime, especially if you are staying on the weekdays. However, if you are traveling on weekends and thought about using the Metro, read on.... We arrived on Friday morning, got off the Farragout West Metro entrance and the hotel was just right next door! Imagine our delight! However, the next day, we saw that the station entrance was actually closed on weekends. So, our first time using the convenient entrance also turned out to be our last. For the next 2 days, we would walk about a block or two to use the Metro. It's not too bad. However, that was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. So, it was a bit of a let down.

Overall, the inside of the hotel is tiny. But, it's clean and convenient. I especially liked their water bottling machine where they offer empty bottles and filtered water to refill it with as many times as you like.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mka_sf
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I were attending an affair at the White House and selected this hotel due to its location and price. It's a quality hotel with clean, pleasantly decorated hotel rooms in an excellent location that can't be beat for the price. The rooms are on the small side. But the quality of the staff, service, cleanliness and value can't be beat. There is a nice lounge on the second floor for those staying over a number of days if you're looking for a place to relax. There is a bar and restaurant on site (adjourning) which we did not have time to visit. All rooms have free internet access.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms offer a microwave, dishes and small refrig and are definitely worth the extra cost...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We where here on business and was a great location for us. Rooms r small but clean and nice.the resturant in the hotel was very good and the staff was very helpful.Close to metro and some other resturants.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

You are literally right beside the train station. It's called Ferregout station or something that sounds like that. White house is up the street and around the corner. The single rooms are small and beside a huge office building. Be careful opening the curtains. Bathroom is super small but there is free wifi. There are many clubs for the night life scene. Just walk up to M street and you'll hear the music pumping. There is a pizza place that delivers up until 4am. The hotel has a bar also. The breakfast buffet is not worth $21 so don't even go there but if you plan on eating the buffet expect fresh fruit, pork sausage or bacon, grits, potatoes, cereal, coffee, milk, orange juice. For $21 I want made to order food. DC is a dynamic place to please get out and see it. I love the U corridor area. very lively.

Room Tip: Get a suite so you can have more room. the singles are very small.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The rooms are very small and the entire place looks like a morgue. The room & the bathroom feel very cheap & flimsy. I had a bad experience with the check-in process as well. The staff had given my room to another guest (their excuse was that everyone from my ethnic group looks the same & have the same name- no kidding!). They kep me & family standing in the tiny lobby for about 45 minutes until they could get the issue resolved. Also, beware of the parking garage they recommend which is 1.5 blocks away. You will find cheaper garages closer than that (towards the White House. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jones D
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I you are not a business man in a $2000 a suit, and you've book online, you might want to skip this place. This place is lifeless, sterile, closed up and even the lamps in the rooms have flourescent bulbs. The staff is unctuous and disdainful of people who do not fit their bill. There was no open rudeness WHATSOEVER, just a palpable disregard for those the staff thinks are amateurs.

The room I had was more like a cubicle than a hotel room. It was so cold and lifeless I felt like was in a pod. Of course, there's no even cracking the windows in these places. And if you are not flying in, DO NOT stay here. There's absolutely no curb service or place to pull in, let alone park and the staff clearly feels they have no reason to provide any sort of parking services nor even any information.

This place is so geared towards business travelers that they seem to openly discourage everyone else. The only shining part about this place was the bar and restaurant which was superb and allows for open front dining. It's airy, and beautiful.

The hotel itself was an awful experience. You know folks, Hotwire travelers write reviews too. And if you don't like us, take your chances on getting stuck with empty rooms.

Skip this pretentious, self important, lifeless place.

Room Tip: Don't choose any. That's my tip.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family