1 king w/pullout sofa, quality décor! 10th floor. Thick walls between rooms, modern wall thermostats worked excellent, quiet. bathroom was spotless. Short walk to Chinatown metro stop! And even without metro, you can walk to Smithsonian (would be too far for small children). There is an italian restaurant attached to hotel. Downsides: Had to line up just to get to plates for the breakfast buffet despite getting down at 8:50am. Breakfast ends 9:30 on weekends. Very small area to get items for breakfast. Not enough seating so had to line up again for elevator to take family of four's breakfasts up to room to eat. Very inconvenient. I think they could have done much better with that, knowing it was a busy 4th weekend. You could hardly get out of elevator because of the breakfast line! They need to think of different buffet layout. No direct parking. No parking was available just to check in, had to circle the block twice until a parking spot available. There is a $40+/per night for valet parking -offsite. So we found a clean well lit garage around the corner and parked ourselves for less. Other point to think about, no minifridge or microwave in room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn