We stayed here for one night on Jan 2 while in town for a hockey game at the Verizon Center. On the plus side, the hotel is a short walk to the Verizon Center, and other points of interest. The location is great, and the price can't be beat for the area. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The king sized bed was super comfy! One thing that drew us to this hotel was the free breakfast. That's where the minuses kick in (and why I can't give it 5 stars.) The hotel has a generously late check-out time: 12:00 noon. Breakfast ends at 9:30. Silly. The miniscule breakfast area is absolutely packed with guests trying to beat the clock. There was a very long line of guests waiting at 9:15. The staff was taking food away from the buffet line as people were actually trying to serve themselves! I managed to get a spoonful of eggs and a cup of juice, and we got in line around 8:00. Forget trying to toast something, because you'll spend all morning waiting in line for the toaster. IF you managed to get some food, you might as well take it back to your room, because there's no way you're going to find a place to sit in the lobby. Fairfield Inn, you have a lovely, comfortable hotel, and we'd love to stay there again sometime, but some thought needs to be put into how you handle breakfast. Would it be such a bad idea to extend the breakfast hours until 10? 10:30? 11? With a check-out time of noon, I would think not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown is a newly renovated Chinatown DC hotel that offers comfort and convenience for the busy business and leisure traveler. We provide quality accommodations and value our guests who are visiting our National’s Capital for work or pleasure. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services and amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. We offer the following services and amenities: 198 elegant and functional guest rooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel, and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24-hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch and dinner, and offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and in proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn