Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
The Watergate
$172
$162
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$299
$239
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
$286
$265
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$227
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsverizon centerfree breakfastirish channelchinatown locationgreat locationh streetvalet parkingnational mallyogurtfew blocksbreakfast staffmetro stationthe breakfast areawithin walking distanceroom keystreet noisewhite house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed one night with family to visit monuments and museums. Location was in China town and about two blocks to Metro red line. Neighborhood seemed safe enough with lots of people walking around. But there are definitely cleaner, more appealing areas of DC. Given a room next to electrical closet which cut into a third of our room size. Room was way too small for our family of four. Didn't complain since room was only $100, plus $33 for parking. Also lobby where breakfast is served does not have enough seating. Staff and valet were polite and place was clean.
But I would opt to pay the extra $$ to stay at a hotel in a better area with larger rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lovecapemayNewJersey
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear lovecapemayNewJersey,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve.

I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel and service.

We hope that you will consider us the next time you are visiting our Nation's Capital.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service for your next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a nice hotel very close to the Verizon Center. It is located just inside Chinatown.. It was a clean hotel with an overall breakfast in the morning.. It is located a couple blocks from the Metro station. We got there early and asked for an early check in.. The first desk attendant quickly checked us in and then we hit the streets for some fun before dinner at Rasika (great Indian cuisine) just a few blocks away.. Once ready for the concert, It is only a few blocks walk.. The hotel was definitely a good one to stay if back in DC.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor for better sleep. There is a church bell that rings but they turn it off at night :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pjtime

Dear Pjtime,

Thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center.

We love being so close to the Verizon Center, DC's top attractions and so many wonderful restaurants in our Nation's Capital. Rasika is one of our favorite restaurant's in the city as well and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience there.

I hope we are able to host you on your next visit to DC.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any reservation needs.

Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good breakfast . Friendly staff . Worthy . The hotel is always clean and customer service is always awesome.The rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area and included the "continental breakfast" buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ThuTang-White

Dear ThuTang-White,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Capital City. I will share your positive comments about the team.

Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

I am happy to help you personally with your next reservations. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at this Fairfield Inn. We chose it for its location near the Fringe Festival venues. The hotel is located less than two blocks from the Chinatown metro station (Red Line.) If you come out on the Chinatown side of the station it's less than a five minute walk.

The room was comfortable and clean. We were up on the sixth floor but there was still some street noise (an unavoidable consequence of being in the city!) The complimentary wi-fi worked well. Security is good - room keys are needed to use the elevators and to get in the main doors after 10 pm.

The rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area and included the "continental breakfast" buffet. The breakfast includes hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage and hard-boiled eggs in addition to pastries, baked goods and waffles, so it's very substantial. It was also crowded on the weekend, so I recommend getting down there early. Hotel staff did a good job of replenishing the food and cleaning up the area.

If you don't want to take the Metro, there are lots of sites within walking distance. We had a really nice walk past Union Station to the Library of Congress and the Capital building.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MWeasley

Dear MWeasley,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown for your visit to the Fringe Festival. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is Washington, DC and Chinatown. I will share your positive comments about the team.

Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm a little biased on this one because my sister-in-law lives right across the street and we can park in her lot, but it's close to metro station and a steal in downtown DC. The hotel is always clean and customer service is always awesome. Continental breakfast includes hot and cold items - it's always packed as it gets closer to the end of the breakfast time so get down there early! Best thing going in DC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank suemidd

Dear Suemidd,

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Capital City!

I hope to see you again on your next visit to see your sister-in-law! Please make us your hotel of choice here in Washington, DC.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.