Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Pennsylvania
“Best Stay in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm a little biased on this one because my sister-in-law lives right across the street and we can park in her lot, but it's close to metro station and a steal in downtown DC. The hotel is always clean and customer service is always awesome. Continental breakfast includes hot and cold items - it's always packed as it gets closer to the end of the breakfast time so get down there early! Best thing going in DC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank suemidd
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Suemidd,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Capital City!

I hope to see you again on your next visit to see your sister-in-law! Please make us your hotel of choice here in Washington, DC.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Czech first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few nights this past week and were pleasantly surprised. For the rate we paid ($116/night) we had our expectations set low, but were very happy with our stay. The asian decor throughout the hotel and the room was very nice. Our window overlooked the church tower on 5th street which was nice to wake up to so if it's available definitely request it. There is a bell that goes off, so if you're a light sleeper avoid this side of the hotel.

I'm a stickler for a clean room and this room was clean. I couldn't find a spot of dirt anywhere. The bathroom was a nice size and the shower had a curved rod so you aren't squeezed in trying to not touch the curtain while you shower. It also had a rain showerhead, which I didn't expect, but certainly enjoyed.

Some cons, the parking situation is a little screwy and expensive at $33/day plus tax, but it is DC so you should expect that. The valets were pleasant and they got our car quickly. Our car was kept in the underground garage so it was safe the whole time we were there.

Next up, the adjoining room beside us. We were out late the day we arrived so we didn't notice any noises coming from the room beside us. However, at 7 am the next morning all we heard were "yee haws" and a whole bunch of hootin' and hollerin' from some rowdy women in the adjoining room. It was loud enough that I bolted up out of my sleep thinking someone had come into our room. It was impossible to go back to sleep. We called the front desk but the gentleman that answered was unconcerned that we wanted someone to notify this group that that were too loud. We waited half an hour before my boyfriend started banging on their door and they quieted down. Yet again, the next morning at 7am they woke us up again. Called the front desk, got the same reaction. So we decided to make plenty of our own noise, against the adjoining door ;) If you can't beat em' join em'. Sure enough, the next morning was much quieter. I would think the staff would have some kind of protocol for a noise complaint, but as it was we received no assistance in handling the situation.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will return the next time we visit DC. It was only a 15-20 minute walk to the national mall, and there are more restaurants than you could possibly eat at within a 5-10 minute walk. The metro was also only 5 minutes from the hotel. You can't beat the location!

Room Tip: Higher floors, good view on the 5th st side, but avoid it if you don't want to hear church bells...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pure_Cyn
Dear Pure_Cyn,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and decor exceeded your expectations.

We are very proud of our hotel and proximity to all that is the Capital City.

We apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience and that you had noise issues with the adjoining room. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the experience and service they deserve.

I will share your thoughts and comments with the staff to help us to continue to improve our hotel, service and ensure the front desk knows the proper protocal to resolve noise concerns so all our guests have an enjoyable stay.

I hope you choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown on your next visit to Washington, DC! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.

Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in town to see Bruno Mars @ the Verizon Center. Could not have been closer, only a short walk to get there. Property looks almost new, rooms are very nice, but pretty much standard hotel room. Breakfast is better than most included with rooms. Close to Metro station & in the heart of Chinatown. Only knock, no option for parking beyond valet. Staff very nice and accomidating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark M,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown for your visit to see Bruno Mars at the Verizon Center. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to the Verizon Center and all that is Washington, DC!

I hope to see you again when you visit the Washington, DC area! Please make us your hotel of choice.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.

Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, the staff was very friendly, they had hot--drinkable--coffee in the lobby at midnight, the breakfast buffet had such a variety that everyone could find something to eat, it is right down the street from the Chinatown Metro stop and a block from a bus stop, you get a chance to "spin the wheel of fortune" for gifts or Marriott points at check-in, the lobby was a comfortable (if a bit too cold) place to hang out while waiting to leave for the airport, the room and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again when I am in DC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Auction10210,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience!

Our team is so thrilled when we have an opportunity to share such great feedback from our valued guests. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable guestroom and lobby.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our Nation's Capital.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took a taxi here from Union Station because even though it looked close on a map, when you're dragging luggage, you don't want to chance your distances! After that one taxi ride, we never had to take another! The location is just perfect for exploring everything you could want to explore.

We had easy access to the subway station and the National Mall was an easy walk. We were thrilled to discover that there was a bus directly outside that took us straight to the Kennedy Centre - no transfers at all!

Pros:
When I booked the hotel, there were only King Bedrooms left, but when I checked in with my mother in tow, the front desk staff was gracious enough to move us to a room with two beds

The breakfast is quite good. A nice array of fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, muffins, etc. I was thrilled to find greek yoghurt in the mix as well, which made my day!

I loved coming back at the end of the night and grabbing a hot chocolate and warm cookie from the lobby.

The rooms were a comfortable size, and the housekeeping staff was wonderful.

Cons:
I wanted to change the credit card that I had held the room with for a different one when I checked in. However, even though I asked to do this upon check-in and they took the new card, there was still a hold on the original card, meaning I had to make a trip to the front desk to get them to sort it out. This was changed quickly and efficiently at that point.

When in the washroom, I could hear other people who were having conversations and doing their duties through the ventilation system. Not an inconvenience, just something I'd rather not be privy to when in the washroom.

Our room was directly above the pub. I doubt this is normally an issue, but it was police week when we were there and a good time was definitely being had by all!! I wasn't about to complain, as those officers deserve a good time, but if one is a light sleeper, it would be wise to as for a room that doesn't face the street.

I'm planning another trip to Washington for December and will definitely be heading back to this great hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Gypsy_Wind78,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center!

You have provided us with such wonderful and helpful feedback. We, too, feel as if our location is the perfect fit for anyone traveling to our Nation's Capital. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your mother in a guestroom with two queen beds at check in. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the excellent variety we offer in breakfast.

Our housekeepers will be so excited to hear of your appreciation for their hard work. I'm sorry to hear that there was an authorization hold on your original card, but I'm glad our team was able to take care of it right away.

We hope to host you on your next visit to Washington, DC!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, conveniently located 4 blocks from the national mall. Breakfast includes assortment of choices. For a family of 4 it's a great deal. We looked at other options but we definitely made the right choice. Request a top floor when making your reservation. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Glenn Dale, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice hotel with all required amenities needed. Minus a in room refrigerator. Lol but otherwise it's a great hotel, staff, clean. Also there is a wonderful Irish pub connected to it. Great food and happy hr drinks. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It gives me great pleasure to know we have provided great service, and you were fully satisfied. Should you need any assistance with a future stay please don’t hesitate to cotact me