“Great place, great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Tennessee
“Great place, great location”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in town to see Bruno Mars @ the Verizon Center. Could not have been closer, only a short walk to get there. Property looks almost new, rooms are very nice, but pretty much standard hotel room. Breakfast is better than most included with rooms. Close to Metro station & in the heart of Chinatown. Only knock, no option for parking beyond valet. Staff very nice and accomidating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mark M,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC Downtown for your visit to see Bruno Mars at the Verizon Center. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our hotel, amenities and staff provided a great stay.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to the Verizon Center and all that is Washington, DC!

I hope to see you again when you visit the Washington, DC area! Please make us your hotel of choice.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay.

Best Regards,

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, the staff was very friendly, they had hot--drinkable--coffee in the lobby at midnight, the breakfast buffet had such a variety that everyone could find something to eat, it is right down the street from the Chinatown Metro stop and a block from a bus stop, you get a chance to "spin the wheel of fortune" for gifts or Marriott points at check-in, the lobby was a comfortable (if a bit too cold) place to hang out while waiting to leave for the airport, the room and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again when I am in DC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Auction10210,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience!

Our team is so thrilled when we have an opportunity to share such great feedback from our valued guests. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable guestroom and lobby.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our Nation's Capital.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took a taxi here from Union Station because even though it looked close on a map, when you're dragging luggage, you don't want to chance your distances! After that one taxi ride, we never had to take another! The location is just perfect for exploring everything you could want to explore.

We had easy access to the subway station and the National Mall was an easy walk. We were thrilled to discover that there was a bus directly outside that took us straight to the Kennedy Centre - no transfers at all!

Pros:
When I booked the hotel, there were only King Bedrooms left, but when I checked in with my mother in tow, the front desk staff was gracious enough to move us to a room with two beds

The breakfast is quite good. A nice array of fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, muffins, etc. I was thrilled to find greek yoghurt in the mix as well, which made my day!

I loved coming back at the end of the night and grabbing a hot chocolate and warm cookie from the lobby.

The rooms were a comfortable size, and the housekeeping staff was wonderful.

Cons:
I wanted to change the credit card that I had held the room with for a different one when I checked in. However, even though I asked to do this upon check-in and they took the new card, there was still a hold on the original card, meaning I had to make a trip to the front desk to get them to sort it out. This was changed quickly and efficiently at that point.

When in the washroom, I could hear other people who were having conversations and doing their duties through the ventilation system. Not an inconvenience, just something I'd rather not be privy to when in the washroom.

Our room was directly above the pub. I doubt this is normally an issue, but it was police week when we were there and a good time was definitely being had by all!! I wasn't about to complain, as those officers deserve a good time, but if one is a light sleeper, it would be wise to as for a room that doesn't face the street.

I'm planning another trip to Washington for December and will definitely be heading back to this great hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gypsy_Wind78,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center!

You have provided us with such wonderful and helpful feedback. We, too, feel as if our location is the perfect fit for anyone traveling to our Nation's Capital. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your mother in a guestroom with two queen beds at check in. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the excellent variety we offer in breakfast.

Our housekeepers will be so excited to hear of your appreciation for their hard work. I'm sorry to hear that there was an authorization hold on your original card, but I'm glad our team was able to take care of it right away.

We hope to host you on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, conveniently located 4 blocks from the national mall. Breakfast includes assortment of choices. For a family of 4 it's a great deal. We looked at other options but we definitely made the right choice. Request a top floor when making your reservation. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Glenn Dale, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice hotel with all required amenities needed. Minus a in room refrigerator. Lol but otherwise it's a great hotel, staff, clean. Also there is a wonderful Irish pub connected to it. Great food and happy hr drinks. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It gives me great pleasure to know we have provided great service, and you were fully satisfied. Should you need any assistance with a future stay please don’t hesitate to cotact me
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We paid in advance with Travelocity $998.00 for 3 nights stay. On the third night, I was checking my bank account to reconcile, and noticed the Fairfield Inn on H St Washington, DC had charged me $60 on day one, $20 on day two, and $40 on day three. No reason was listed.. just a charge. I called the front desk and the moron there had some cock and bull story about how this was a security charge placed by them, to make sure my card was still active. I told him there was no damages and in fact we had not even eaten their "free breakfast" (which was so repulsive we decided to go down the street to eat). He had no other comment other than to say it should disappear after a week. I said, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHARGE ME, I HAVEN'T DAMAGED A THING !!" He then said he had no further comment. SO I called Marriott Corporate office. Again, I got a dipwad. The kid had no explanation why the amounts were different, and tried to tell me this was 'standard proceedure'. I assured him I had stayed at Hiltons, and much better hotels in Vegas and LA than his dump in DC. He had no other explanation. -- I am calling the Washington Better Business Bureau.. and I advise all of you to STEER CLEAR OF THE LIARS AND THIEVES AT FAIRFIELD INNS.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R J
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. Please contact me directly regarding your stay

Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good choice to cancel my previous hotel to Fairfield Marriott as it is very near to Metro and room is spacious, clean. In addition, many Chinese restaurants to choose since it is located at Chinatown. I'll recommend to all my friends or any trip advisors who is reading my review now. Choose this hotel with no regrets :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Shirley5678
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your trip to Washington. After reading your comments, I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and all of our amenities. Please feel free to reach me directly should you have any other reservation needs.