“Great value, close to attractions”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Ranked #67 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Miami, Florida
“Great value, close to attractions”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The fairfield is a recently updated hotel and a great value option in the heart of DC. You can walk to all the main attractions downtown like monuments and museums. The subway is also right there. I would definitely stay here again when visiting DC.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kweaver22
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Take care,
Donavon McDaniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Czech first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The only reason I am rating this hotel as poor is because we found bed bugs in our bed. My boyfriend & stayed in this hotel for a weekend in Dec 2012. On the second night I was scratching my arm. I didn't think anything of it because I am used to get destroyed by mosquitos nearly year-round, but the next morning my arms were itching all over. I had the tell-tale pattern of tight lines of bites all over my arms and stomach. When we were packing to leave, we found one bed bug in the sheets. The hotel was nice enough to comp us one night, but being two days later and covered in calamine lotion, one night is not enough for me. CHECK YOUR SHEETS.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TMF1987
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide a memorable stay to all of guests and I regret you experienced issues while staying with us. Please rest assured that our hotel follows strict guidelines and takes immediate action regarding this time of feedback. I do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future as I am confident our award winning hotel is an ideal choice for visitors coming to the Washington DC area. Please feel free to contact me directly at our property should you have any questions. Again, thank you for your comment.
Donavon McDaniel
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Felisha at front desk was so accommodating and friendly. The room was clean with great bed. Location in Chinatown. Was treated better here than at the j.w Marriott in d.c where the staff was condescending and rude! Stay here! Great price too and included breakfast and Free wifi!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karina D
Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Took the family sightseeing in DC for the weekend and needed a place to crash. What we found was this well maintained, well appointed gem within walking distance of the mall, museums, monuments. Great restaurants in the neighborhood. Staff could not have been nicer and the free breakfast each morning was icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Try Matchbox for great burgers and beer. Right down the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dwg30039
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this chain before in other cities, but this one in the heart of China town Washington D.C. was most impressive! Beautiful appointed rooms, with great thread count sheets! The room was spotless, and looked as if I were the first to have ever stayed in it! ! A great breakfast every morning with a large selection even for someone on a gluten free diet! Great price per night, and a very helpful and friendly staff!!! I truly would recommend this hotel for business and pleasure! The location too is a short distance to the Mall and the metro is just a block or two from the front door!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JohninGRR
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed over this weekend and I had a great time.Washington DC is a beautiful city an the hotel is located walking distance to all the major attractions. The hotels looked brand new. My husband and I loved the community table in the breakfast room. Rooms were big. Staff was nice and pleasant. Compliments! We will be back again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JRC0722
nyc
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business so I usually don't even bother reviewing business hotels but I have to comment on this property. I only stayed one night but I was quite impressed.

Room was a good size, newly renovated, and the front desk and valet car people were more than helpful. As for locations, pretty darn good as it's by the Verizon center, the Metro, Chinatown, etc. I had a sponsored marketing event about 8 blocks away so it worked out perfect.

Generally I stay in SPG properties (Sheraton, W, Westin, Aloft, etc) and while in DC I try to stay near Dupont Circle just cause there are many spots for a business traveler to walk to for a bite or glass of wine. I chose this property because I only needed one more stay to put me into SILVER status so I gambled. Let me tell you the gamble paid off.

There is an onsite Bar / Restaurant call the Irish Times. As an Irish American, I must say it's pretty authentic and the food wasn't half bad either. I don't know if I would hit it up if I wasn't staying at the hotel but it's great for onsite.

I totally forgot about breakfast the next morning and went I got to the lobby it was a great surprise. I made a cup of tea, grabbed a bannana, and a granola bar before I headed off to meetings in Baltimore. Perfect!

Bottom line - If you can get a good price on this hotel (I paid $150.00 I think) you can't go wrong. Otherwise try any Kimpton property in DC.

Room Tip: High Floor might get you a decent view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Crumz32
Travelers also viewed these Washington DC hotels
Upper Northwest
Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Downtown / Chinatown
Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
Washington Marriott at Metro Cen...
#46 of 141 in Washington DC
Mount Vernon Square
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#35 of 141 in Washington DC
Penn Quarter
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington ...
#92 of 141 in Washington DC
Downtown / Chinatown
Pod DC Hotel
Pod DC Hotel
#99 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown? Share your experiences!