If I had paid strict attention to the persnicketty, ethnocentric reviews I read in this space, my family and I would have missed one of the best values around D.C. The hotel has just recently been remodeled with a good deal of attention paid to each room. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and courteous and complied with any request we had very quickly. Sure, when you get outside the Capital area in D.C., the neighborhoods go down somewhat. But, this hotel supplies free, secure parking(a rarity in D.C.) and good security throughout the hotel. The continental breakfast is very complete and satisfying and the breakfast room nicely appointed. The lady in charge is charming. Nice, modern, new fitness room. Any room service requests were instantly accomodated. As for the trains, if a train per hour zipping past the hotel is unsettling to you, bring some earplugs because you're not going to find a better value for your $ anywhere as close (10 minute drive to the Mall) as this hotel. My wife and I had a spacious King suite for $125/night+tax and My daughter and grand daughter a 2 queen room for $150/night+tax. If you want to leave your car in the lot and take the bus, the D1-3&6 lines all run past the hotel just down the street. Yes, if you drive into town, go past the hotel when you return and make a U-turn to come back to it at the next intersection. There's plenty of parking really near the Mall and the Smithsonian in the $12-$18/day range. Come on folks, if you expect the Willard for $125-150/night, I suggest you stay in Des Moines. Budget (read "smart") travelers take note of the Comfort Inn, 1600 New York Avenue. Also, coming from the Northeast , it can't be any easier to get to. Take the Balto-Wash Parkway (MD 295) from Baltimore directly to New York Avenue (US 50). You absolutely can't miss it!
Give this hotel a chance and you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue welcomes you to Washington DC home of our Nation’s many magnificent museums, attractions, and rich history.The Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue is a great start to your trip.The hotel features complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24 hour hot beverage bar, 24 hour fitness center and business center, free wireless internet access. We offer room types to fit any traveler’s need. We have double queen rooms, deluxe king size rooms with pull out sleeper sofas, double queen suites with a separate living area and king size suites with a separate living area. When you want to spoil yourself or just relax after a long day of touring, we offer Jacuzzi suites with a roman style Jacuzzi tub and separate sitting area. All rooms are furnished with in-room safe, microwave & refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, 32” Plasma TV and lounge chair, work desk and executive chair. Control your own comfort in your room with individually controlled HVAC unit. Start your morning with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet with its abundant selection of hot and cold breakfast items to include our eggs, sausage, and fresh hot waffles. Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Union Station where you can do a little shopping, a little eating and take off on one of the city tours that start from the Union Station. If you want to take your time and plan out your own sightseeing tour, you can also conveniently hop onto the Metro to take you anywhere in Washington, DC to tour your favorite sights in the Nation’s Capital.After a fun filled day, kick back and relax in your spacious clean room with all the comfort of home. While visiting Washington DC may we suggest some of DC must see and do…See the magnificent jewels, dinosaurs and mammals on display at the National Museum of Natural History, the airplanes and interactive flight simulators at the National Air and Space Museum, and the stories, arts and crafts at the National Museum of the American Indian. Art lovers won't want to miss a visit to the National Gallery of Art, while the National Archives is a must for any American history buff. Tour the Capitol Hill neighborhood and explore the U.S. Capitol, Library of Congress and Supreme Court. The neighborhood is also home to Union Station and the Folger Shakespeare Library, which houses the largest collection of Shakespeare memorabilia outside of England. Go undercover at the International Spy Museum, where you can crack codes, take on covers and even let your group take on its own covert operation. Or, stop by the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum, the newest addition to the Smithsonian system.Ride to the top of the Washington Monument (tickets required) or the Old Post Office Pavilion for a panoramic view of the city. Animal lovers may also wish to pay a visit to the National Zoo, home to giant pandas, cheetahs, tigers and other exotic species.Discover DC's theatre scene. The Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage offers free performances at 6:30 pm nightly. Other theatres, such as the Shakespeare Theatre Company, Arena Stage, Warner Theatre, National Theatre, regularly present familiar classics. For something a bit more contemporary, catch a show at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company or Studio Theatre.Sports fans can watch the Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Washington Capitals or DC United in action.If you are looking for nightlife, head to U Street for live jazz music or Adams Morgan to experience DC's eclectic, international scene.If you love nature, take stroll at the National Arboretum just two three lights from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Near Union Station Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn And Suites Near Union Station
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- President Inn Washington Dc