I booked this hotel because of its great rate for the DC area and the "claimed" closeness to all DC must see sites. I booked this hotel through expedia, who had rated it rather mediocre, and have never been led astray by expedia recomendations until today. The hotel is in the middle of the GHETTO!! The shuttle driver told me not to "leave the hotel at night, dusk, or the early morning, in fact it will be better to just wait inside for a cab". The hotel does offer great rates, but its because the hotel is in a location that no one in their right mind would want to stay. There are abandoned buildings everywhere, a VERY VERY sketchy motel accross the street, and weird people lurking in the lobby. It is ~10-15 USD from all major attractions, without traffic, per the front desk workers. I immediatly called expedia (in tears) and explained to the them my utter HORROR at the possibility of staying at this hotel. Per the hotel, since I did not have 72hrs notice to cancel my reservation they said that I might as well stay one night since I was going to pay for it anyway and then check out tomorrow. While shes saying that, some drugged out girl came into the hotel (mind you its MIDNIGHT) saying that she was here to "pick up something from her friend" who came down from a floor and gave her "her 'medication' she forgot". WTF!! I came up to the room, which is actually nice and large with a nice big tv and microwave. But in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is going to keep me in this hotel. I am going to stay in this room exactly as long as it takes for my friend (who I called as soon as I got into the room, who BTW also confirmed that this is a HORRIBLE area) to pick me up. I came to washington DC to hang out at major US attractions, not hang out in my hotel room for fear of the sketchy area. DO not be fooled like a I was by the website from comfort in OR expedia!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue welcomes you to Washington DC home of our Nation’s many magnificent museums, attractions, and rich history.The Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue is a great start to your trip.The hotel features complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24 hour hot beverage bar, 24 hour fitness center and business center, free wireless internet access. We offer room types to fit any traveler’s need. We have double queen rooms, deluxe king size rooms with pull out sleeper sofas, double queen suites with a separate living area and king size suites with a separate living area. When you want to spoil yourself or just relax after a long day of touring, we offer Jacuzzi suites with a roman style Jacuzzi tub and separate sitting area. All rooms are furnished with in-room safe, microwave & refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, 32” Plasma TV and lounge chair, work desk and executive chair. Control your own comfort in your room with individually controlled HVAC unit. Start your morning with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet with its abundant selection of hot and cold breakfast items to include our eggs, sausage, and fresh hot waffles. Take our complimentary shuttle service to the Union Station where you can do a little shopping, a little eating and take off on one of the city tours that start from the Union Station. If you want to take your time and plan out your own sightseeing tour, you can also conveniently hop onto the Metro to take you anywhere in Washington, DC to tour your favorite sights in the Nation’s Capital.After a fun filled day, kick back and relax in your spacious clean room with all the comfort of home. While visiting Washington DC may we suggest some of DC must see and do…See the magnificent jewels, dinosaurs and mammals on display at the National Museum of Natural History, the airplanes and interactive flight simulators at the National Air and Space Museum, and the stories, arts and crafts at the National Museum of the American Indian. Art lovers won't want to miss a visit to the National Gallery of Art, while the National Archives is a must for any American history buff. Tour the Capitol Hill neighborhood and explore the U.S. Capitol, Library of Congress and Supreme Court. The neighborhood is also home to Union Station and the Folger Shakespeare Library, which houses the largest collection of Shakespeare memorabilia outside of England. Go undercover at the International Spy Museum, where you can crack codes, take on covers and even let your group take on its own covert operation. Or, stop by the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum, the newest addition to the Smithsonian system.Ride to the top of the Washington Monument (tickets required) or the Old Post Office Pavilion for a panoramic view of the city. Animal lovers may also wish to pay a visit to the National Zoo, home to giant pandas, cheetahs, tigers and other exotic species.Discover DC's theatre scene. The Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage offers free performances at 6:30 pm nightly. Other theatres, such as the Shakespeare Theatre Company, Arena Stage, Warner Theatre, National Theatre, regularly present familiar classics. For something a bit more contemporary, catch a show at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company or Studio Theatre.Sports fans can watch the Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Washington Capitals or DC United in action.If you are looking for nightlife, head to U Street for live jazz music or Adams Morgan to experience DC's eclectic, international scene.If you love nature, take stroll at the National Arboretum just two three lights from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Near Union Station Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn And Suites Near Union Station
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- President Inn Washington Dc