Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue
$217
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We choose this hotel because I have used Comfort Inns through out the states and always been very satisfied. I made a big mistake in not checking a) Location [I usually do a virtual 'google map' walk around the area and b) not looking at Trip Advisor for reviews something I usually always do. It was the last stay in our month long trip across the States and proved a disappointment. I have written to Choice Hotels and they have passed my complaint onto the hotel.

As previously stated it is not a good location and being 3 females on our own would not venture out after dark - one of us even was not sure about going down one level and along the corridor to the vending machine!

The shuttle was 80% good and very handy to get you to Union Street Station but at one point my daughter who had rung up for the shuttle and was there on time had to wait over an hour, in the dark, outside the station before it arrived. She insisted on seeing the manager and complaining when she got back - not made any easier by the staff insisting he was busy!

I am sure for the money there must be better places in Washington?

However I must stay 90% of the staff were very friendly and did try to help.

Oh nearly forgot I drew the straw for sleeping on the pull down sofa bed - they be sloped from the head to the feet at about a 30% angle! I did complain but nothing was done about it but seeing as were there for only 3 nights I suppose they did not consider it worth the effort to try and fix.

My advice is look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariposaw
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Location is very bad, also not a safe area. Carpets are dirty.Train goes by right behind the building every half an hour...it disturbs your sleep. Staff was very nice, but I did not like the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SureshP0
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was a good hotel, comfortable beds, decent hot breakfast, but the thing that made it great for a family trip was the free shuttle to Union Station. No worries about driving in a strange city or stressing out to find parking -- just take the Metro everywhere. Annette drove the shuttle on the weekends and did an awesome job of getting us there and back. Seleme, at the front desk was also a great help.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tammy W
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I ended up in this hotel because all the other hotels were booked out for the graduation week. So this was not my preferred choice, especially I was forewarned that it is located in an area where the crime rate has only dropped recently. Nearby shops or restaurants don't exist. I would say that this is worse than a motel setting. My booking was made thru an online web site, but was shocked to be levied US$1.99 per day for "use of room safe" (which was of no value to me); this hidden cost was not made known upfront and was told by the hotel staff that the item was "non-negotiable." That alone left a bitter taste upon check-out in an otherwise reasonable 4-night stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the building side facing main road because the alternative is facing the rail tracks where trains pass by, making it difficult to sleep at night. Being on high floors (I was on 7th floor) did not help.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank kapitanchina
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed at some really fine hotels for $200.00 and this was not a fine hotel. From the wet dog smell in the elevator, to the dripping ceiling in the breakfast room, to the beaten up bed linens, to the promise of regular shuttle runs back and forth from Union Station that never materialized this place missed the mark horribly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family