New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #129 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Hollywood, Florida
“OK Room...Bad Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

One of the secretaries at my office made this hotel reservation. Sounds good online if you don't know Washington very well.
Dicey neighborhood. Haven't lived in DC in over 20 years but when I saw it was on NY Ave I got worried...and I was right. The desk clerk and doorman were pleasant enough but the place is really run down. Parking was very tight.
Scary elevators...but once I got to the room it actually wasn't bad. Modern enough and pretty clean.
Breakfast left a lot to be desired. I only wanted coffee but they had run out. At like $169 a night I'd expect more.
By car it really is only 5 min from Capitol Hill.

Room Tip: Back of the Hotel has noisy trains. Front had a noisy street with trucks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GatorBearBob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is far away from the main attractions and there is only one McDonnalds and one TacoBell nearby (within 700 ft), but it has a shuttle service at the early in the morning and at the end of the day to and from the Union Station where the city tour buses depart. It is not near from the hotel, but the service is very good.
From there you can take one of these city tour buses and choose one of the many tours or get a regular bus or metro. It is straightforward. If you want to take a taxi, get one at the hotel and not at the Union Station where you can face long queues sometimes.
The hotel is clean, excelent breakfast with fresh fruits, cereals, waffles, yogurt, etc.included in the price, as well as free parking (if available). There is not any restaurant there or nearby. My suggestion is dinner at the Union Station before come back to the hotel. The room was clean, free wifi, good lcd TV. The front desk team is too serious, but does the job efficiently. they could be more relaxed with the tourists.
Behind the hotel there is a railroad track and trains passes from time to time. If you stay in lower floors, you will be awaken in the mid of the night.
I am from outside US so I ordered some items from Amazon. For my despair some of the items disappeared from the luggage locker. They refunded up to the cost of my reservation, which covered 2/3 of the my loss.
Although this problem, I recommend this hotel due to the nice price (not due the refund) and the shuttle service and I do not recommend to ship mail items to this hotel.

Room Tip: The front rooms are near to a very heavy traffic avenue. As I did not stay there, I do not now the q...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ricardo S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Room not clean. If you see sticky brown stuff on the wall you know the place is not wiped down.
Floors so dirty that you do not even want to walk around in your socks. A few holes in the bed cover. I am always concerned about hotel cleanliness because you are in a room where others have slept....icky. Hotels should truly strive to be spotless.

Parking is in a garage attached to the building, tiny and does not feel safe. You have to pay to park. Did not appear to be safe neighborhood, I left early did not want to stay any longer than I needed to.

Got a call in the middle of the night, 3am saying they were the front desk, had problems with their computer and needed additional information from me. I provided no information, told the person I did not know who they were and I would come to the front desk to handle it..I never went. That morning the front desk staff said they did not make the call, that sometimes they get these prank calls and it was a good thing I did not give up information...hotel appeared as if these calls are regular(**I never had this happen in any hotel)..and I have been in hundreds of rooms over my years of travel.

Arrived late or would have booked another room. Not a good sleep. Tried to shower without touching anything. Hosed the place down with lysol spray and alcohol with anything I touched. And yes I do carry lysol with me anywhere I go.

Breakfast area appeared clean. Front desk was nice but nonchalant about my overnight experience. Would never go again. The exact opposite of the Comfort Inn Downtown DC, which very clean.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, Do not go here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Firstly this hotel is nowhere near Union Station as advertised. It is a 15 minute drive and would be impossible to walk to. The area is unsavoury and I would not recommend walking around at night. Our room was facing a very noisy main road which made for poor sleep. The next door room were constantly crashing about and hitting the adjoining wall. Very noisy corridors. Upon taking a shower on our last night's stay we discovered that the towels hadn't been replaced so we had to share! Shuttle was very useful to get to Union Station - you would spend a lot on cabs otherwise. Gym includes 3 cardio machines with at least one broken and a weights station that barely functions. Do not stay here - spend a bit more a night and stay somewhere in a nice safe neighbourhood closer to the attractions!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank HayleyFittall
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family & I arrived 7/29 @ 3pm. We were shocked @ the neighborhood of this hotel, as that was not displayed online. There is a liquor store across the street & we saw many people with questionable professions surrounding the hotel & in the lobby. We checked in & asked about the shuttle to take us into DC. The man behind the desk was condescending as he explained there was not a shuttle to take us as it only runs in the AM and late PM. He said he could get us a taxi; he waved to a guy waiting in the lobby who said he would take us to Union Station. This taxi was a run down van and the driver had to stop for gas but took us to Union Station. (By the way, the hotel is at least a 15 minute drive from the monuments through the ghetto. You could not walk there.) The next morning we took the shuttle to the city & had been in the city for about an hour when the hotel called me & informed me we had a break-in on our car. They refused to give me more info & refused to come get us after I relayed our location. We arrived from a taxi & the hotel staff was short with us & quickly dismissed us. They offered no help in our time of need. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Take my advice. Pay a little bit more for safety.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Victoria B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is Martha, i stayed here for one night and i couldn't be happier. Stuff was very friendly especially the guy at front desk.So mad that I forgot his first name but it starts with a D. Thank you so much for helping me choose the touring package. They also let me check out late for free because my flight was later in the day. oh and please tip the shuttle driver, he was amazing. Cant wait to get back next year.

Room Tip: Dont listen to the negative reviews
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ibabaka
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very impressed with the staff at this hotel. The front desk people were helpful, the shuttle drivers were polite and alway prompt. My family loved the breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: This hotel was a little inconvenient to the Washington sightseeing spots, but worth it if you have t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
samiraearly, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We appreciate your wonderful reviews of our staff and our property. I'm so happy to here your stay was a comfortable one for you and your family. Our comfort Inn & Suites staff prides ourselves on guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the near future!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Quality Inn
#5 of 9 in Camp Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#103 of 140 in Washington DC
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washingto...
#112 of 140 in Washington DC
Days Inn Washington DC/Connectic...
#114 of 140 in Washington DC
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,505 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#105 of 140 in Washington DC
Dupont Circle
Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House

Been to Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue? Share your experiences!