When I told my friend who lives in DC that I was staying here, she was a little nervous about the location. Was it safe, she asked. The immediate area outside the hotel is but it is in redevelopment district that has had its problems in the past but I always felt safe. However the nature of the area if probably reflected by having to insert your room card into the elevator to access the hotel from the lobby.
Within 1 minute walk of the hotel is a branch of Au Bon Pain (great croissants), a 7-11, Five Guys and an Indian restaurant, a gyros/sandwich joint. And of course most important of all the NOMA/Gallaudet U (sometimes called by its old name New York Avenue) metro stop.
The rooms are typical Marriott Courtyard standard and are well maintained, comfortable and very clean, Everything you need for a hotel stay.
Firstly, if you have a room with a connecting door and noisy guests in the next room you can hear everything.
Secondly, some of the rooms look over the railway tracks (all the traffic from Union Station PLUS the metro) and this means LOTS of noise continuously from before dawn to late at night. I always bring ear plugs when I stay at a hotel and if you have one of these rooms I suggest you do as well! If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a different room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc