Traveled in Oct 2013 for a conference at the Convention center. (The closer hotels were full). Marriottt's website says the hotel is only a few miles away....but it's really in another world. Located directly across form the federal ATF HQ, there are few restaurants and NO taxi service. Want a 5 Guys burger? No problem. It's across the street. Want a muffin from 7-Eleven or AU Bon Pair? It's right next door. But if you want a reasonably priced dinner and drink - forget it. I ordered a gin on the rocks and was charged $8.95 for a ONE OUNCE POUR. Seriously- there was way more ice than liquid in the glass. A burger is $12.50. Trip advisor says I'm only a mile away from the Tune Inn- a Diners Drive-ins and Dives location famous for the beer batter burger. I saw the bar staff pour 1 oz drinks over and over and over. If you want to get. Buzz on....don't spend your money here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc