Second time I've stayed here in the last year. Very friendly staff, free wi-fi, 2 minute walk from Metro Red LIne, 1 station from US Capitol. Also has small library with books re fun things to do in DC.
No security problems whatever.
You can pay a LOT more in DC, and I'm not sure I'd walk many blocks in this neighborhood, which is changing for the better. But getting from hotel to Metro is fine - literally half a block (hint, take Florida Av exit from Metro to cut your walk by 1/2)
Had 1 dinner at 5 Guys which is across the street; there is a convenience store right next to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc