New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol

Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol
Ranked #99 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
San Francisco, California
“This grandma was happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was looking for a hotel for my 10 year old granddaughter and I to stay in Washington DC. After reading countless reviews of hotels and looking at their prices, I choose this one. Best decision about our trip. Safe, very clean, reasonably priced and centrally located to get around. Once we figured out the Metro which is few steps away, we got around town like pros. 7-Eleven and Au Bon Pain which are both next to the hotel were great conveniences. The staff was very eager to help and efficient. They helped us book a tour to Mt. Vernon at the last minute. I wondered what Mandi S' complaint about the hairdryer was. I didn't think there was one, until I discovered it in a black bag inside a black wood stand in the bathroom.

Room Tip: You are not going to spend a lot of time in the room, and you are too tired to worry about noise whe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you and your granddaughter had a wonderful vacation in DC. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Great Service (a #1 priority with me!), great amnities, convenient to Metro and restaurants! Only complaint is the hair dryer and if that is the only thing to fuss about, then I'm being to high maintenance!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Washington for two nights 03/28- 03/30/2013. The location was great if you plan on doing a lot of sight seeing and need access to the Metro. It was very difficult to find the hotel in the first place, because it is on a small alley with construction and one-way streets all around it - but once found, it was really nice. There is valet only parking and the valet was very pleasant. But keep in mind, once you turn over your car, you're not seeing it again until you check out -

The room was adequate and clean - the bathroom was clean and everything was neat. Check-in was a breeze. The nicest feature was the location. Even though hard to find the "alley" had everything you'd want close by. The metro was a mere 30 feet from the hotel, there is a 7Eleven for room snacks, an Au Bon Pan for a quick bite, and a 5 Guys Burgers and fries across the street. There was also a yogurt and sandwich place but we didn't make it there.

We did not venture out after dark because I had my young daughter with me and I had heard of possible issues in the area - but to grab access to the Metro and cheap - but good - eats. It was perfect for our sight seeing needs.

Pool and fitness room were small, but again adequate for our budget and needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JCskiier
Thank you for the great review! I am happy that our location and close proximity to the metro provided a wonderful experience for you and daughter to enjoy the city. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
Parma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice impersonal hotel in washington..everything nice but nothing special.
Valet parking not cheap. No breakfast nor restaurant.
Room not that big with common facilities.
In complex it was an average hotel but it was functional to our needs

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the review. The hotel does feature a Bistro restaurant located in our lobby. The Bistro serves breakfast and dinner seven days a week and offers room service in the evening. Thank you for choosing to stay with Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. – Chris Zanzano, General Manger
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stay in many hotels especially Marriott properties and I have to say the staff at this Hotel was one of the best I have dealt with over my years of Travel. The Front desk staff went out of their way to ensure that I had a good room and they helped me in finding space to Perform interviews. Thomas, Tony, Darrell and Mike were on top of each request I had and made sure that things went smoothly for my stay. Thanks to them I was able to interview candidates without issue and able to find some good food for lunch. When you travel a great deal it is nice to know that people are willing to go out of their way to help their guests. Great job. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable and the Gym was small but clean as well. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you the outstanding review about your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that the entire team exceeded all of your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty and commitment to Marriott. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manger
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The location of this hotel is in an area That was not so good. There is now so much construction it will be a place of the future.

The hotel was great, staff awesome and rooms clean and comfortable.

Will stay there again as only two minutes to train and three stops to downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review! The NoMa neighborhood continues to develop and we are very excited for the future. I have shared the wonderful note with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we arrived in the Courtyard Hotel, it was early and the efficient and polite receptionist was extremely helpful and allowed us to check in early. For sure, it wasn't the only reason for a good impression about the staff, but they really are, all of them, very efficient and professional.
In the beginning, the hotel called our attention because it was spotlessly clean and new. The suite is very clean, plenty of room and well decorated. Bed and pillow super comfy. A fridge was very useful and free wifi is always welcome.
I strongly believe that it is not easy to find any other place with this quality, near the Capitol, with such good rates.
The metro station is practically attached to the hotel, so we can reach any place in DC in a few minutes. This is, for sure, an undeniable advantage.
For us, breakfast was included. Even though it was a limited menu, it was very good, thank you Iroda for being so attentive and efficient.
There is a 7Eleven next door and some fast food eating places outside, but be aware: everything shuts down early.
Lots of construction going on, due to this emerging area which didn't faze us.
From our room the noise of the train was barely noticeable. Anyway, if you have problems to sleep,ear plugs are helpful.
The gym was small, but served our needs.
We highly recommend Courtyard Washington DC/US Capitol

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra700
Thank you very much for the wonderful review about the hotel. The entire hotel is committed to providing exceptional service. I have shared the positive feedback with Iroda and the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel! – Chris Zanzano, General Manger