Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$218
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$195
  • Breakfast included
$162
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$405
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$249
$339
$433
$399
  • Room Service
All reviewsau bon painunion stationmetro stopcourtyard by marriottthe metro red linestarbucks coffeeindoor poolvalet stafflight sleeperconvenient locationcorner roommini fridgefew blockswhite housenomaneighborhoodfirearms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is very new and the rooms are fantastic--it felt as if they had never been used before! My room also had beautiful large windows along an entire wall.

The staff are wonderfully friendly, helpful, and polite. They answered any questions I had and were extremely accommodating for changes in my plans. When I needed to extend my stay a night, it took only a few moments. They also had a place to store my bags for the day after checking out so that I could tour the area without worrying about them.

This hotel is directly next to the metro, so it was extremely convenient for getting around DC. It's also not far from Reagan National Airport--a taxi is less than $20, or you can take the metro.

I would highly recommend staying here and will certainly do so if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kristi K
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback about the hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had wonderful stay and the front desk staff was able to accommodate your last minute request. The easy metro access and close proximity to the airport continues to make our hotel ideal for both leisure and business travelers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in DC. – Chris Zanzano, General Manager

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location, step out the front door and the Metro is only a few steps away. By jumping on the Metro Red Line, you can be almost anywhere in the city within minutes. The hotel was very nice! The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were well kept, quiet and offered free WiFi. There was a fridge in the room to stock snacks and beverages. There is a 7/11 right outside the front door as well. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. I slept great every night we were there. The hotel is a much better value than comparable ones in the downtown area and almost as convenient, as you are only 3 short Metro stops away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tennisfan1959

Thank you for the wonderful comment! The team and I are delighted to hear that our staff was friendly and exceeded your expectations. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and took advantage of the restaurants and stores in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard while visiting our daughter who lives a few blocks away. As you will see by the photos, parking is a difficult situation with only valet (which I hate) and expensive (which I hate even more). Luckily, we were able to park at our daughter's place so we dodged the bullet on parking.

The location is pretty good as I indicated but there is a lot of construction going on right there. Of course they stop work at night so it was never an issue. Perhaps best of all for the location is the Metro station basically attached. Right next to the ground floor entry is a 7-11 which is just perfect to get coffee in the morning. There is a Starbucks in the 2nd floor hotel lobby however I think it is nasty so I was happy to avoid the sludge.

The service was average as expected. The room was what you expect, nothing fancy. There was a small refrigerator and a coffee maker, neither of which we used. No safe in the room which seemed highly unusual especially for such an inner city setting. Short walk to Union station. We Paid $139 a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vbdenny
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the easy access it provides to the metro. The parking prices are competitive with the other hotels in the area. The hotel does plan to have safes installed in all the rooms in the future. We currently have safes in some of the rooms as well as safety deposit boxes available behind the front desk. We are committed to providing extraordinary service and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area! - Chris Zanzano, General Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Service bad, room noise, parking car - Need to pay 33 usd. Second fl. Many people's when check in, but all people not for check in. Service vey bad, the gril front desk did not smile. Train is behind, very noise. Price is very high. 182 usd for hotel?????

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Wang1502

Dear Mr. Wang, I apologize for the service issues you experienced during your stay. We set our parking prices to be competitive with the local market. I do sincerely value the feedback as the hotel continues to improve our service and amenities. At Marriott, we are committed to providing exceptional service and when we fall short we feel that has a team we have failed. The leadership team in the hotel is committed to resolving issues such as these from happening again. Chris Zanzano, General Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this newer Courtyard. Facility was very nice - as was the staff. There is a "real" dinning room and the food was quite good. It needs to be as the options in this general "emerging" area are limited to sandwich shops. And while the NoMa Metro is right next door, cabs are very difficult to get from this location. Best to plan ahead.
If you, like me, enjoyed trains as a kid, you will enjoy watching all the trains run in and out of Union Station ( a couple of blocks south) but the activity on the 6 tracks right below your window may impact your sleep - particularly early am. Ask for a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BJDOO

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Bistro, located in our lobby. We continue to work with Amtrak to reduce the amount of noise generated by the trains. We are all committed to providing exceptional service and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. - Chris Zanzano, General Manager