“Adjacent to NoMA Metro. Safe.”

Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol
Ranked #108 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New Delhi, India
“Adjacent to NoMA Metro. Safe.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed with wife and kids to tour DC. Next metro station to Union station on Red line. Was very convenient to return to after touring the city.

The rooms have fridge and the lobby has a microwave for use. Was very handy for late night snack and popcorn. In house bistro is expensive and has limited choices. Complimentary Coffee & Tea between 6:30 to 10:30 AM.

7-11, au bon pain, five guys, deli, roti , McD, Burger King, Wendys within walkable distance. harris teeter & cvs also within a block.

Overnight parking @$33. Saturday & Sunday free parking available in open lots around the area.
Street parking free between Sat 6:30 to Mon 7:00 AM.

Room Tip: Even number rooms on higher floors are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vibasha
mike w, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 18, 2015
Greetings from the Courtyard Washington DC/US Capitol. I see that you stayed with us quite some time ago. As I review our older reviews, I see that we still owe you a response. My apologies for the significant delay. I am the new General Manager and I am reviewing all Trip Advisor reviews – especially past reviews from a time before the hotel was able to really shine. While your view was very positive (thank you!), we have grown even further. I am completely impressed by our team and our neighborhood. I would like to recommend coming back and trying our hotel again! Yes - it's been a while, and I am new to this hotel, but your travel experience is still important to me!

We have many amazing amenities, new associates and leaders – and a completely transformed neighborhood that is bound to surprise you. If you have a chance to travel back to our area, we would love a chance to connect with you once again.

M. Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Longmont, CO
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel itself is really excellent. Great room and building -- nice amenities. My only concern was with the location -- it's about a two minute walk to the Metro Station which is great. The area seems to be in transition, but the area around the hotel is a bit "sketchy" -- not sure I'd want to walk too far from the hotel and definitely NOT at night. There seems to be a high police presence in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hbpLongmont_CO

Modena
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is besides the Metro station which is convenient but can get noisy in the night as the railway tracks also pass beside the metro's. My room was facing the tracks which were less than 30 meter from the window. The location is also quite outside Washington and in spite of being in a very recent building, there is only valet parking for the car at a nice 33 $ per night. Breakfast is also not included in spite of a room rate definitely not cheap. Wifi is instead included. Useful the 7 Eleven store on the door besides.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ssaund, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to Washington DC and taking the time to write a review. You mentioned that our hotel seemed to be outside of Washington. While we are not directly in the city center, we are approximately 1.5 to 2.0 miles from the National Mall, US Capitol, and the White House. Our hotel is adjacent to the red line NoMa metro stop which is 1 stop from Union station, 3 stops to Verizon Center and 4 stops to the White house.
You also mentioned about our Valet parking. Throughout DC you will find valet parking is prevalent at most hotels close to the city. This is due to the limited space and the need to build the parking structure under the buildings. Valet parking ensures that we are able to accomodtae all of our guest when they arrive. We find that our fee is equal to or lower than most of the hotels in our area.
While Courtyard does not offer complimentary breakfast with their rooms, we do have the BIstro which offers a variety of breakfast and dinner option and an evening bar. As you mentioned if that is not what you are looking for, there is a variety of eateries within walking distance of the hotel.
Our building was build recently and we installed sound proof window to ensure a quiet and peaceful sleep for our guest. For you this was not the case. Please accept our apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay.

Shelly Saunders
Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The room smelled as if it had been cleaned with a soured towel. Noise from the hallway was unblocked by the door. Noise from the next-door rooms also was noticeable; you could hear when light switches were flipped. No free breakfast, unlike most of the Marriotts in D.C. None of the bell captains knew how to give directions to National Airport from the hotel -- a security guard stepped into the conversation and told me how to get there. The night before I left, I asked the front desk if they could arrange for a bellman to come to my room at 0530 and for a taxi also to be arranged; I was assured that this would be done. Next morning -- no bellman and no taxi until after I phoned to say "where's the bellman?" Location at Metro stop is very convenient and the neighborhood is starting to improve, but it still isn't entirely safe.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Marriott on Vermont Avenue are much nicer. I'd stay there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ssaund, General Manager at Courtyard Washington, DC/U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please accept our aplogies for your experiences while staying with us. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing a clean and fresh room for all of our guest. In your experience this was not the case. I am also disappointed to hear the our Valet attendants and front desk staff failed to provide you with baggage handling and transportation that you requested as well and direction to National Airport. We understand the importance to our guest of getting to meetings or the airport on time and stress free. I will certainly share your expierences with all of our team member would welcome a call if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

Shelly Saunders, General Manager
Ham Belgium
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice hotel in a safe area; Everything was ok. Metro on the corner and just one stop from Union station were you can take a tourbus to visit Washington

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeoandMagda

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent 4th if July weekend in DC with my wife and two children. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. We did the king bed with a fold out couch. Rooms were a little small but comfortable and very clean. Rooms on the street side on the higher levels have a nice view of the Capitol building. The NoMa Metro station is located right outside the door, giving you access to the red line. There is also a 7-eleven and a few restaurants right outside the door. We purchased a plan that included breakfast. The food was tasty but selection was very limited. They also have several televisions inside the booths in the restaurant. Without the dining option food could be a little pricey. The only place to park in this hotel is with the valet. The cost is $33 per day. I will say the valet workers are very nice. They loaded all of our bags when we arrived and departed and they also escorted my wife into the valet lot when she left an item she needed in the car. Overall, this was a great experience. The staff was the friendliest of any hotel I've ever been to. We noticed earlier in the day that an employee ordered Chinese food and we didn't know where to order from later. The employee was unavailable when we went to the front desk to inquire about it. The employee working the front desk at the time called the employee who ordered the food, found out where she ordered from, and located a menu for us to use. I was very pleased with my stay and plan on going back later this month.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank BFree211

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Good location, not central but 2 minutes from the metro station.

Great room (as for a 4* hotel), very clean.

The only negative point are the thin walls (if you have some noisy neighbours can be noisy), but generally are ok.

On the groundfloor there is 7/11 shop, just across the streed a pizza a few rstaurants.

The Union station (Greyhound station in Washington) is just 10 minutes walking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple