“Very good Indian food, but bad service”
Review of Mehak - CLOSED

Mehak
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H St. NW
Transit: Gallery Place Chinatown Metro (Green, Red, Yellow) Metro Center Metro (Blue, Orange, Red) Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center (Green, Yellow)
Description: For the authentic Indian Tandoori experience, Mehak is the place to go in DC. Our menu is filled with North-Indian curries, kababs, biryanis, tikkas, vindaloo and roganjosh, so there's always something for everyone. Our baked breads are unlike anything you've had before, cooked using an original char-broiler tandoor.
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Restaurant has a nice atmosphere, food is very tasteful and special, it is difficult to find a good indian restaurant. Service was horrible and amount of food is not much for the money, but it is still worth it.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I love Indian food and took my husband here in the hopes that he would fall in love with it too. It was awful. We had the Tandoori wings. They were dry, with no flavor. The Lentil soup was bland and whipped to the consistency of baby food. Finally the Chicken Biryani was 95 % rice, some of which was undercooked, and a miniscule amount of chicken. Stay away from this tourist trap.
(and to top it off the reciept recommends leaving a 30% tip!!!)

Reviewed September 27, 2009

My friends and I went here on a Friday night and surprisingly they were slow. We really wanted to go to another Indian place but the wait there was too long so we decided to try this place. How disappointing! The food was average, the price was high, and you don't get much of it either! I don't think they've updated their menu online, but I paid closer to $20 for a lamb dish and got 3 small chunks of lamb floating in some curry sauce. If it wasn't so insulting, it would be laughable. I've had much better Indian food elsewhere. I was extremely disappointed in this place. My friends and I will not be going back. We'll stick to the other place!

1  Thank reviewitgirl
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Went with my 11 month old and they were very attentive to her needs. I thought the food was tasty.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook