“Very disappointed”

Locolat Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: U Street Corridor
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Not my first visit. Food is normally good and desserts are very good. Tonight the food was tasteless. In particular the mussels were lacking salt, the ingredients described and, most of all, love. And I was not the only one disappointed at the table...

Please note that up until now I suggested this place to friends and colleagues. I hope they do read reviews and do something about it. Not sure if I will come back. Maybe just for dessert.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The chocolate selections were decadent and delicious. A nice spot for dessert and coffee after dinner.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I has been wanting to check this place out after going to Belgium two summers and falling in love with the cuisine. We've been 3-4 times including a recent visit.

Locolat is solid in most aspects. We would give it an A for taste of the food. We've had their savory waffles, sweet waffles, drinks, puff pocket, pastries, and salads. Delicious!

However, for service, it would be a C. It is usually disorganized, sometimes rude, sometimes chaotic, sometimes with servers bickering with one another, forgetting parts of order, bringing out wrong things etc.

I would love to see this place be around for awhile but if they have got to figure out the customer service piece.

Don't go with high expectations about the service-just enjoy the meal!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friends and I stayed in town for Memorial weekend. We decided to grab brunch at Locolat. It was our first time at this restaurant and we all definitely loved it, especially the outdoor seating. Great brunch spot with great food (the waffles, eggs, and quiche trio are delicious!) and drinks (loved the mimosas!). The service was great, our server recommended most of the food I had and I loved it. My 3 girlfriends and husband enjoyed their meals too. My husband definitely enjoyed the burger so give it a try. We'll definitely go back here for brunch.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Locolat is a great neighborhood place for brunch, located in Adams Morgan. The waffles are terrific! Portions are perfect. Had a great experience.