Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $99.00
from $99.00
from $40.00
2,799 results
All reviews lincoln assassination tour walking tour dan king great tour national mall historic georgetown capitol hill tidal basin hour tour unknown soldier embassy row interesting stories would highly recommend this tour history teacher two hours white house library of congress
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I came to D.C. April 11 with my two kids ages 9 and 12. I had found DC by Foot on the web, and thought it sounded good. My kids moaned and groaned at the idea of a tour, but we weren't 20 minutes into the tour when they both came over and said how great it was. Our guide Tim was funny and down-to-earth and spoke to the kids, who were all up around him (he looked like the Pied Piper) hanging on his every word. We were in D.C. for 4 days and saw many amazing things, but they keep recalling that tour as the highlight of our trip. Thank You so much. I'm so happy I decided to go with DC by Foot!!!----Peg Rumsey, Central Valley, New York

4  Thank pegasus2017
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We were traveling with 2 tweens, and we wanted them to not only see the monuments and memorials but learn about the significants of them. Our guide was Tim, and he was fantastic! He had so much information to share and a great personality to hold all our interests. His voice was loud enough for the entire group to hear, but soft at the memorials to show his respect. Our tour ran over on time because while we were at WWII Memorial a veteran wanted to share a few stories with us. Tim was very respectful to him and let him talk to us for a while. Tim said, he had never seen the Veteran there before, and he really enjoyed what he shared with us. Although our tour was suppose to end at 7:30, Tim didn't think twice about it. He asked everyone if they would like to continue on with him to the Lincoln Memorial because that is the end of the tour. We'd stayed on, and he pointed out many interesting facts that we would have never known by just walking up to the Lincoln Memorial ourselves. At the end Tim allowed us to ask questions about restaurants, other activites in town, etc. Since it is free of charge, please remember to tip well because we saw many who did not. It would be a shame for DC by Foot to lose such a gifted guide. Before you go to DC, check out the website because the company offers more then just Monument tours.

1  Thank kokfayetteville
Reviewed March 23, 2009

DC By Foot was the best way to see all the monuments. Our wonderful guide (Tim) had so many interesting stories and information that we would have missed had we just gone and seen the monuments on our own. It was the best way to start our trip!!

2  Thank Jsteuber
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My wife and I took the Lincoln Assasination walking tour yesterday and we enjoyed it very much. Our guide was knowledgeable and obviously enjoyed the topic. It was partially a city tour, because the guide includes many tourist stops from the White House to Ford's Theater. Very good production.

3  Thank ed_murphy21
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Went for a tour on the winter schedule- it was fantastic- the guy who took us round knew an amazing amount about the place - I learned an amazing amount, and had a great time- the perfect start to a week in DC- I was able to go back to many of the places we visited later in the week and spend a bit more time. He also made some great suggestions for other things to do-

1  Thank BritT0urist