All reviewsfull kitchenmarble floorsconvention centerliving roomcontinental breakfastmultiple shower headscook topone bedroom apartmentmt vernonfold out couchthe penthouseconstruction noisewithin walking distancemetro stopmarriott marquisfrosted glassbooked this hotel
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

The room was nothing to brag about the kitchen seats and couch were stained, pillows were rocks, the shower leaked and the blinds were broken. Other than that the room was nice an spacious and the location was good.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Did not stay due to change in plans
Reservations system (from an outside source) was impersonal . When I made the original reservations I received a general response with my name on it. Wasn't really sure the reservation had actually been made or whether they were just 'thinking about it'. Recently I canceled. I e-mailed the Eldon at the hotel e-mail site. Received no response. Only way I knew the original reservation and subsequent cancellation had been done was to see debit and credit on my credit card.
THat and the noise problem described in other reports would suggest this is not a hotel to use.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank P Marilyn A
Reviewed February 24, 2017

The deceitful management of this hotel purposefully hides from its guests when they make reservations that there is a deafening major construction project next door from 7 AM to 7 PM DAILY. Our reservation was made by phone directly with the hotel yet they didn't have the honesty nor decency to inform us of what they knew to be a vital fact. What good is it that at the check-in desk a single sheet of paper informs of the horrible daily noise? We arrived late at night in the dark, tired from a long trip, and at 7AM were rudely awakened by the LOUD NOISE of jackhammers and pounding.
The situation was exacerbated by the fact that the weather was unseasonably warm, our room was 79 degrees and WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING so we were forced to open some windows. Other deficiencies of this hotel are hardly worth mentioning in comparison with these major obstacles. . . of which ANY PROSPECTIVE GUEST SHOULD BE MADE AWARE.

Room Tip: Construction noise pervades entire hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Very good room and $ rate when done on line via TripAdvisor. Updatedd hotel infrastucture, and I'll return if I have a need in that area. MT. Vernon metro located a 10 minute walk from hotel and about 15 minutes via Metro from Reagan airporrt (DCA). Centrally located near convention center. Only negative is current next door building construction from 7am to 7pm but eventually that will end. During non-construction hours, room and building is quiet. I assume there is no construction weekends but I did not verify that.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank ArmandL25
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This hotel's location is very convenient to the convention center, not even a half a block away. You can see the convention center from the front door. Also close to a cute little coffee shop, and a CVS. It is clean, updated, spacious, and offers a full kitchen. The staff seemed very nice. Easy to get a cab at the Marriott next door. BUT OMG THE CONSTRUCTION. ASK THEM ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION. Incessant noise from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Even on Saturdays. It is awful and horrible and it woke me up EVERY MORNING. It is supposed to go on until 2018 from what the sign says, so be sure to ask about it when you book. It is horribly loud. I can't even describe how loud it is. It banging, cement trucks, 50 people talking at any given time. I basically got no sleep the entire time I was there. If you decide to stay there during the construction TAKE EARPLUGS AND ASK FOR A DISCOUNT.

Room Tip: The farther away from the construction on L street, the better
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business