“Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ranked #67 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel is very pretty, the rooms are large for DC, the concierges are wonderful, but best of all is the location!!! One block from the metro, one and a half blocks from the White House, across the street from a wonderful crepe place. It's truly perfect.
It would have gotten five stars, but the bed, for me was too overstuffed to be comfortable and the pipes in the walls behind our bed made a knocking noise. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Ask about the knocking noise in the wall immediately upon hearing it and change rooms! Don't to...
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

I recently stayed a this property which is located at a great DC location, almost behind the White House.
To find it was a bit difficult since I was searching for a Crowne Plaza sign and the only thing I saw was a "Hamilton" sign. That made me go once around the block for no reason.
Once we checked in, the first surprise was the valet parking rate. I managed to park the car on the parking at the corner for a third of the price charged at the hotel.
Other than that the hotel is very good. The personnel is attentive and always ready to help.
The property is clean and the sleeping quality is great.
I would definitely go back there while in DC (and park the car myself once again).

1 Thank Bob_Creek
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in August.

Location: very central to DC attractions - 10-15min walk to Mall and the Whitehouse. Metro station one block away.

Check-in: not the best experience as being a platinum member, there was no complimentary upgrade and we were given a room with the view being the air vent! We went back to reception and changed to a different room.

Room: clean and good size room for city location.Shower over bath was ok. No view as our room was facing the other side of the hotel (at least not the air vent!) Free wifi with IHG membership.

Breakfast: good quality food but limited choice, expensive if not included in room rate ($21 + tax/ service)

Overall: good hotel, would use again when next in DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a park facing room if possible!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

WOW, we chose this hotel for it's great location and did we pick it right!!! Nestled next to a great park that hosts local food trucks, we thought we hit the lottery! Plus, every thing you might need is just steps away - including the sites of DC! Safe, clean neighborhood and positioned just right just a few steps from the Metro made getting to the hotel a breeze and budget friendly!
The lobby is elegant, front desk staff professional and helpful. The room was near perfect and very spacious with two double beds, coffee maker, refrigerator and flat screen TV. Nice linens and comfy bed made returning after a day of sightseeing pleasurable! Someone put lots of thought into the details when designing the rooms. High end fixtures and furnishing were used which made our extended stay very pleasurable. Best loved feature? The window treatments!!! Not a speck of light indicated it was morning! When visiting DC, this hotel is PERFECT!!!!!

Sleep Quality
2 Thank cwhich5
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is the type of hotel I like: small, elegant, well situated, good food. Sadly, though, the service isn't at all up to par with the surroundings. It was very difficult to get internet service in any of our rooms (we had 4), and it took about 10 hours to get a plumber to fix a running toilet. However, I did leave several items of clothing in my closet at check-out, which I only discovered a number of days later. When I contacted the hotel, the wonderfully honest housekeeper had turned in the items to lost and found, and the hotel mailed them to me. I was very grateful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I spent 4 nights for a business trip this past week.
The location is convenient to the McPherson Square Metro stop, super easy to get there from Reagan National Airport.
There are restaurants and other stores within easy walking distance. I walked to Whole Foods for supplies a couple of times and the mini fridge in my room made for easy breakfasts as I had early start times each morning.
I used the fitness center several times, the equipment is new and in good condition.
My room was on the 12th floor, no view (a next door office building), but it was spotless, bathroom included. I had an executive room, so I think they're a bit larger than a standard room, with a small couch and desk and chair.
The Keurig in my room was appreciated, but the Green Mountain Coffee brand on offer is awful.
Housekeeping did a great job in my room, and I happily returned to a spotless room every afternoon.
I needed wi-fi for work, and the signal was strong with only one hitch with connecting on my second day.
Elevators are slow and on the small side, but I kept that in mind and always gave myself a bit of extra time when leaving. It's a fair trade for having an older building with some character.
As I'm a Priority Club member they didn't bat an eye when I asked for a late (2 PM) check out on Wednesday.
Overall, definitely a keeper if I return to D.C. and need to be on the orange or blue line.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DumbDog
Plains, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

My hubby and I decided to head to DC for a short babymoon before our first child arrives in November. The Hamilton aloud us to check in about an hour early which was great. The room was large, clean and spacious. Bathroom also gets two thumbs up. It was centrally located, only 1 block from the Metro.

The only complaint was the elevators from the lobby up took some extra time.

Also the hotel didn't do anything to recognize our babymoon...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple