“Cute Historical Hotel”

Ranked #60 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Los Angeles, California
“Cute Historical Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed two nights here to witness the swearing in of the 113 Congress. I loved the french inspired lobby!

The rooms were very comfortable and had black out curtains, flat screen TV, great complimentary toiletries, and a small spa package (aroma therapy spray, lotions for achy feet, etc.), and a Keurig coffee maker. The room was well-lit so it was easy to do my make up in the room while my roommate used the shower.

There's also a Starbuck's in the hotel! Score! There's also a very cute and quaint bistro in the hotel, that seemed really busy when I came down for a drink with some friends. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to sample their food.

The only downsides were: no bathrobes in the room, it's was not walking distance to the Capitol, and they mischarged me for my room. Expect to pay about $11-12 for a ride to the Capitol from here. And although it was a bit of a hassle, the front desk fixed the error with my bill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MigratingBirdie
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear MigratingBirdie,

What a great experience to witness the swearing in of the 113th Congress! We are very glad that you enjoyed our new line of in rooms amenities and that you found the room very comfortable. During your next stay, our executive level rooms do come with bathrobes and other amenities available as well.

Our apologies about the billing error but we are very happy that the front office team was able to get everything sorted out for you. We hope to see you again in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
suffolk, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family stayed here two nights over the holidays. The Hamilton filled all of our needs and more. The staff was pleasant when we checked in and out. The hotel lobby is lovely and has kept its historical charm. The rooms are classy and tasteful. My daughter loved the Starbucks on the bottom floor (and the guys working there were really friendly).

There is a Metro station a block away and a CVS less than a block away in the other direction. What more can you ask for convenience? We asked the consierge to help us with a suggestion to see the Va Tech Bowl game and he could not have been more helpful or enthusiastic (thank you!). There is a small but attractive bar by the lobby that my husband and son enjoyed watching a football game late one night.

The room was $119 per night and that was NOT one of those non refundable deals. What a bargan for such a beautiful room in such a good location. I would highly recommend this hotel to someone who wants to stay in a classy hotel with good service, many conveniences, and historical touches. We will remember the Hamilton Crown Plaza the next time we need a hotel in DC.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OvertimeAtDuck
Dear OvertimeAtDuck,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. We are very lucky to be in such a great location as you mentioned but we are even luckier to have a great staff, such as the front desk, concierge and barista teams that you spoke about.

We hope that you have great New Year and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night 3 day stay with my husband and Two friends. The staff was very polite, friendly, and helpful. The rooms had great decor and were spotless. Great walking distance to restaurants, bars, and attractions. The hotel checked us in early and for check out we were able to leave our car in the hotel garage until 2pm allowing us to explore more of DC while our bags were safely marked in a private room. Great hotel. Would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Jraff086
Dear Jraff086,

"Polite, friendly and helpful"...those words are music to our ears. We are very happy that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful stay and cannot wait to have you back again as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Will stay here again! Very clean ,large rooms!very well decotated with plasma TVs. Lots of windows with a beautiful view if the city.About a $8.00 cab ride to Georgetown... Showed up early for check in they found a room for me and my family and took the time to give me options. Great manager hands on ..think his name was Robby. I come to Dc about 15 times a year. I'll be staying here again. Cool bar downstairs. Good price on drinks and appetizers. Hope this helps with choosing a hotel on your visit to DC.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Tralev03,

Your review of your recent stay is greatly appreciated. As you mentioned, you come to DC about 15 times a year (we of course will be very delighted to be your home away from home), if those trips are for business I would like to invite you to speak with our Sales Manager Michelle Matthews about corporate rates. She can be reached at the main hotel phone number 202-682-0111 and just ask for her by name.

We all look forward to being at your service during your future stays.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was told that many Crowne Plaza have rebranded their hotel and that they are now just one level below the InterContinental in the IHG Hotel Group so I decided to give it a try&see what its like. It did not dissapoint one bit especially this location.

Great lobby as you walk in, there are bellman at the door asking if you need help or need a taxi at all times. The service was very good aswell. The room was nice and can be said as very very nice to fancy.

The location is great, you walk down a block you can get the Metro train or you walk about 15mins and you can see the White House. Someone mentioned the park across the street had many homeless ppl and that is true but I walked by and through the park day&night and was never harmed. Whats amazing is that you see people giving the homeless people food and clothes in the morning in truckloads.

Overall this is a great hotel to stay in and will for sure stay again if coming back to DC.

Room Tip: I LOVE that Starbucks is attached to the hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear West_Coast22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. As you mentioned, the Crowne Plaza is in the process of wrapping up a re-branding and our hotel has just completed a face-lift to present brand new rooms and lobby to our guests.

We also appreciate to the comments you have left in regards to the area, we are quite lucky to have the White House be such a short walk and a Metro stop just a block away.

We all hope to see you again very soon. Have a great New Year!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here last minute after I got a deal on LivingSocial for an event at the 918 F street location. Rates are competitive, hotel is absolutely beautiful inside and the rooms are spacious and modern. Don't count on necessarily getting a view from the room. It's close to the Blue and Orange line and if you walk 1/4 of a mile to F street, you begin hitting some shops. Staff is great and there's a bar attached to the hotel.

Cons: wifi is $12 a day and parking is $42 if you park for 24 hrs. Be careful of the park across the street, there were definitely homeless people hanging out there the entire time I was there

Otherwise, a great hotel and I'd go back there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Christine G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are all quite pleased that you found our hotel to be so beautiful and as you mentioned convenient to the metro lines and shopping areas. Next time you come to stay with us mention that you would like a room with a view and we have some lovely rooms that face towards the National Mall so that you can see the many of the monuments from the hotel room.

We look forward to being at your service on your next trip.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed there for the Thanksgiving holiday, and it was a great stay. I got a higher floor (12th Flr), with a lounge just next to the elevator.

I love the ground lobby, and the service was great.

The room that I was given was clean, big and comfortable. I had a view of the building next door, but I do not mind it as I spent my days walking the city. Locationwise, it was good, just a block down the McPhearson station. We could get to the station by taking the blue line from the National airport.

However, I do have to walk next to a small park to get to the hotel. There were a lot of homeless people in that park that time, and I was traveling alone. So I was a bit wary of it. Otherwise, it is a 15-20 mins walk to the White house and the collection of Smithsonian museum.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear MzNomad,

Thank you so much for choosing to spend your holiday with us at the Hamilton, I do hope that you were able to enjoy our expansive and delicious Thanksgiving Brunch in the 14K Restaurant.

You are most certainly correct about our location, we are quite lucky to be just one block from the McPherson Square Metro Station (servicing the Smithsonian area, Reagan National Airport, Arlington National Cemetery, the Pentagon, Pentagon City Mall, etc), at the cross section for the Circulator Bus routes and a short walk to the White House, Smithsonian Museums and National Monuments.

If you are interested in spending another holiday with us, don't forget our upcoming New Year's Eve party when our hotel is transformed into the "Hamilton Casino".