“Excellent hotel, great value and service.”

Hamilton Hotel Washington DC
Ranked #63 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I throughly enjoyed my stay at the Crown Plaza in D.C. It is in a great position within walking distance to all the attractions and public transport. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The service i received was great, all the staff were more then happy to help. The concierge Lewis was definitely a stand out employee and was one of the most helpful and knowledgeable  people I have encountered on my travels. My only criticism would be that there is no free WIFI at this hotel and it costs $17 per device for 24 hours. However, I would be more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone and If I was to come back to D.C I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Hotel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear JoshuaFreed,

Thank you so much for the wonderful things you've said about our property and our concierge Lewis. He is definitely a stand out person and an outstanding part of our team. In regards to the internet price, we do charge a fee of $12.95 per device for 24 hours but as with anything, we value all feedback and take that into account when looking for ways to increase our guest satisfaction.

We all look forward to being at your service once again when you return to Washington D.C.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was the worst Hotel experience I have ever had. I arrived there late Friday night after a long day of work. When I arrived they told me that I would have to pay a hidden $75 which was not on my confirmation page. which paid for the bar for internet and other things that are usually complimentary. They also said these fee were nonrefundable. They also told me that I would have to pay a Valet Fee of $45. I told them I don't want to pay extra on top of my $160 for one night in dc. When I arrived in the room it is the smallest one I had ever seen especially for the price. When I paid for the reservation I made sure that it included breakfast. When we woke up we ask where the breakfast is served and they pointed us in that direction. When we finished eating they told us we didnt pay for it and it would cost us $50. After an hour of talking to the front desk they than said it was because we ate brunch. Every moment we were there it looked like it cost us. I think if they could have charged us for going down the elevator they would have. The only good Experience I had at this hotel is when they stopped holding my key and finally let us go.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdserrano87
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Hotel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear jdserrano87,

Let me first off apologize for the impression that we allowed you to leave our hotel having. We never want any guest to leave without being completely satisfied with their stay. Since it appears that you had several challenges and also you appear to have been overcharged, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you so that we can get any overcharges refunded especially since we do not have a non-refundable $75.00 fee for any of our guests.

I can be reached at 202-682-0111 and just ask for me by name, Joseph Meuse and I will certainly research these charges with you. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff was nice, the breakfast was fine, and the rooms were decent. The hotel is situated near the white house and other good sights. The fitness room was also ok for this size of hotel.
how many more signs do you need?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Louise S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are quite glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope that on your next trip to Washington DC that you'll come be our guest again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip to DC. It was a great trip was a great hotel. It had great staff. It has a great bar. It was a great restaurant. Overall clean room great hotel I would say here again. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The room was just overall great. Bed was comfortable. I'm just trying to kill 200 esters

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank seadogs04103
Joseph M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hamilton Hotel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Seadogs04103,

Well from your review it looks like you had a great stay and that is what we want every guest to have. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope that you'll come back soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was a family trip to attend a function at the National Press Club and we made a four day weekend out of it.
The hotel is in a very good location, we could walk to a lot of stuff. All service people, door men, porter, check in, conceirge, bar & restaurant staff were excellent. The room was very good, lobby and entrance were very attractive.
We were on the third floor right at the front. Not much of a view because of the facade over the entrance, but OK. There was not much street noise.
The Starbucks off the lobby was handy for take back to the room breakfast. The restaurant food was very good. Happy hour prices in the bar (M-F only) were nice. We ate supper in the bar twice, once from the bar food menu and once from the restaurant menu.
We would not hesitate to return to this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Planetjim,

It's always a pleasure to read such a wonderful review. Many people say location is everything and we are lucky to be in an excellent location but we believe it is the staff that makes the hotel and we are even luckier to have an excellent staff as you have mentioned.

Please be assured that your praises will be shared with our teams and we all look forward to being able to serve you again on your return to D.C.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nites while in DC. Very central location within walking distance to tourist sightseeing and attraction, and pretty safe to walk back late at nite. Breakfast included was great and fabulous with smoked salmon and shrimp as part of full range of american buffet. Good quality settings in room and bathroom.
Downsides - room size relatively small especially when you have 2 large luggage; executive lounge is closed from Fri-Sun (of all things on days when you have spare time to use it); probably the few hotels that still practice charging guests for wifi; add-on daily parking @$22++; valet only (+grautity) which takes away the spontaneity of traveling with a 15min wait for your car to be accessible. So considering all these, it is pretty pricey. But then what else do you expect from pricey DC. As the old saying - politicians and politics do not come cheap for the public purse.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gary_Bris,

We’re quite pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you had the opportunity to experience our new weekend brunch menu. In regards to the valet time, with our hotel being a Historic Hotel (http://www.historichotels.org/) our hotel was built before the age of underground parking garages so we utilize a parking garage a block away. As you mentioned, our Executive Lounge is closed on the weekends but as everything we are always re-evaluating our practices and looking for new ways to add to the enjoyment of the guest experience and will take your comments into consideration.

We look forward to being at your service once again when you return to D.C.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent 5 great nights in the Hamilton Crowne Plaza in May 2012. The hotel is in a great location for sight seeing being only 10 minutes from the White House. We were upgraded to the executive level through my Priority Club platinum status which gave us a very comfortable spacious room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant serve good tasty food, staff very friendly and efficient. Only downside executive area closed at weekend

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Well it appears our staff did a wonderful job of placing a lasting memory with you during your stay. I have some wonderful news for you, since your stay, we have done a complete renovation of our guest rooms. I encourage you to view them on our website and hope that you’ll come back to see us again on your next trip across the Atlantic.