“It was just ok....”

Ranked #88 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“It was just ok....”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

It was an ok hotel...nothing really great stood out to me. The staff were friendly, and they were helpful with getting taxis cause I was traveling with my 88 year old grandma. The hotel was conveniently located near several restaurants one be Georgia Browns which was amazing. The room was small and very limited tv channels and there was not a pool. The nearest subway was also several blocks away so prepare for a lot of walking and taking taxis. One thing I did like a was the awesome fitness center and closer proximity to the White House. I actually enjoyed an awesome run one morning from the hotel to the White House and National Mall. Overall I was not too impressed with the hotel would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear our team was accommodating for you. If your journey brings you back to Washington DC, please contact the hotel and ask for me so I can assist in enhancing your stay.

Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2014

was on vacation with my son and mother n law. Everything was within walking distances. rooms was very nice and clean, the beds are so soft and the staff was very helpful. Concierge gave us a map that was very helpful and the taxis are just out side of the hotel :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hotel was very nice spacious huge tv-- we were there 4th of July and it was not crowded in hotel
it was a little bit of a walk to train station but I felt very safe even with kids
you can walk to white house and thats about it
you have to get on the metro on Farragut North station and its just a train ride to museums
natl mall and all other sites
there is the mayflower around the corner that I went into and it was amazing
there is the Jefferson on the corner too looks beautiful and a Lowes hotel is next door
there were some beautiful cathedrals across the street
the hotel was priced reasonable and we flew in so we did not have to pay to park
I would not advise to take the hop on hop off trolley it was informative but took up the entire day
next time I would stay at a hotel more closer to the metro. something strange did happen we had to evacuate for a fire in building, but were able to go back in soon, I could bot find the stairs which makes me more aware of finding a stairwell before I go into any room in a hotel from now on

Room Tip: rooms were in an atrium and were dark
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank miss g
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is top notch and in the perfect location, being right down the street from The White House. The staff was extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The heavenly mattress was wonderful. It is also pet friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very clean hotel. Safe neighborhood. Starbucks in the lobby was extremely convenient. The bar downstairs was very nice and one of the waitresses was extremely friendly...wish I could remember her name. All of the staff was pleasant and warm, except Tiffany, one of the concierge. She seemed very annoyed and put out the two times I had questions (one was about a nighttime tour that had to be booked through the hotel and the other question was about the Trolley) She complained about having to be working late and complained about fellow staff members. My main issue with this hotel was the distance from everything. We were there to see the typical tourist attractions, and this hotel is not near any of them. The nearest Metro stop (which is an excellent subway system) is a good three blocks away. I should have looked at the map more closely and really examined the distances...you live, you learn. Like someone above me has posted, many of the rooms overlook the lobby. It was strange. Overall, a clean, pleasant Westin. Loved that bed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JordanMP
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were unfortunately only here for one night... wish i could have stayed longer! Loved everything about this hotel, from the large rooms, to the huge comfy bed, to the extremely helpful friendly staff! Location was excellent, so close to everything! Only wished they had free in room wifi... but they do in the lobby, so not to bad! Would definitely stay here again when visiting DC!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a decent hotel - it is a Westin. But many of the rooms face into the lobby area, which is an area that can get very rowdy (it's a fun bar!), so it can be very loud in the rooms. The walls are also paper thin. I could hear the people next to me sneeze.

Room Tip: Get on a top floor away in a room that doesn't face the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our newly transformed restaurant, Fringe Tree. We review and do our best to accommodate all guests' requests. Please note in your reservation if you are coming to rest and relax and would like a quiet room. As all Westin's our goal is to have you leave here feeling better than you did when you arrived.

Stay well,