I stayed at the Westin City Center for three days in June 2014. Apart from my room not being ready when I arrived at check-in time (a minor annoyance), the stay was lovely. I was privileged to be assigned to a suite because of my role in planning the conference that I was attending, so I had it good. Oddly, however, the suites face on the lobby and the lobby door has an audio feature that, were I not a "city girl" who screens out white noise, might have been my undoing. But it only bothered me when I was awake and in my room (i.e., not for long).
The ballroom floors are set up in a bizarre, tiered way, and both the lowest function floor and the mezzanine function rooms are not connected to the other function-room floors by stairs or an escalator. This means that conference organizers should plan sufficient "passing time" in between sessions. Sadly, we did not do that.
But the renovations make the hotel very modern and attractive, and I like the apples and free bottled water in the room. And the gym is small, but nice. Overall, a pleasant place to stay. Note that it is a five-block walk to the Metro, so for some, that may make it inaccessible by Metro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin