“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Renmark, Australia
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have just returned from a frew days in Washington and for the first time stayed in a guest house it was great the staff were all very helpfull and at breakfast we all sat around a large table and were made to feel welcome and chatted about our holiday with others.The guesr house is well placed by the subway and close to restaurants I would recoment this guest house to any one looking for accomadation in Washington, go on give it a go.Well done Woodley Park.......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renmark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

In a city where people can feel alone in a crowd, Woodley Park Guest House provides a genuinely warm welcome to guests of all ages and nations. At breakfast I got to chat to guests from the USA, Australia, France, Belgium and the UK. the conversation is encouraged by the owners Courtney and Joe who make sure guests are introduced to each other and the leisurely casual breakfast enables guests to relax before heading out for the day. I stayed in room 123. It was comfortable, clean and quiet, and the view across to the gardens opposite was pleasant. I loved the complimentary brownies and cookies and being able to get a hot drink at any time. Breakfast was more than adequate with cereals, fresh fruit salad, juice, breads, jams, plus smoked salmon and boiled eggs. Guests helped themselves to as much as they wanted and in whatever combination they wanted. The guest house is one minute from the Metro (elevator exit) and 2 minutes to a good range of places to eat - French, Italian and best of all the fab Lebanese Taverna (try the $9 vegetarian mezza platter with homemade pitta bread). As a solo traveller it's so important to stay somewhere that's not only safe, but where you feel they care that you have a pleasant stay. Whilst I've stayed in luxury hotels in many countries this is one of the few places where I can say 'I'll be back'. Thank you Courtney, Joe, Kelly and the rest of the team and keep up the good work.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kazlet
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying for 12 nights at the Woodley Park Guesthouse. It was my first time to D.C. and I could not have been more pleased with my location. The metro is literally steps from the B/B or on several occasions I walked to the mall from the the B/B and it was a really pleasant stroll down through Dupont Circle. The breakfast was delicious! I reveled in the organic ingredients and homemade cookies. Courtney, the owner, and her staff, Ingrid, Janet and Kelly were phenomenal. They were so helpful with maps and great touring suggestions as well as just being flat out NICE. You didn't feel like just some guest you felt like family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Kenya
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband & I recently spent five days at Woodley Park Guest House. It was a business trip for my husband and a pleasure trip for me. The personal attention we were offered went beyond expectations and the carefully decorated rooms were an absolute haven. The delicious breakfasts were informal and friendly and it truly felt like we were part of a family. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We would highly recommend a stay at Woodley Park Guest house.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SBinGhana
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Washington DC on business in May this year, we stayed at Woodley Park for 5 nights. Not sure what to expect, we were blown away by this quaint little guest house. Very well decorated, lovely home comforts, healthy breakfasts and wonderful, friendly hosts is what Woodley Park is about. They are also situated in a lovely area with a good selection of restaurants to choose from and the subway is a stones throw away from the front door. I'd definitely recommend Woodley Park to anyone traveling to Washington. It's a home away from home.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Auburn
Reviewed May 24, 2012

From this day forward, the Woodley Park Guest House will be my first choice in accommodations, when I travel to DC. I typically attend meetings in Washington, DC each spring. When possible, I always first search out B&Bs in the area--my preference over a typical hotel stay. It's just so nice to find a home away from home, as I travel extensively in the US and abroad.

I feel as though I have a newly extended family in Courtney and her staff, so pleasant and so helpful.

I was anxious each morning to head for the breakfast table to meet more new guests. The conversation was always lively and interesting, while I enjoyed the wonderful coffee and all of the yummy breakfast goodies.

Frankly, I had some of the best night's sleep that I have in months. Wonderful beds, wonderful linens, and in the morning a shower with some of my favorite products--the same I use at home.

I decided on this visit to give the Metro from Ronald Reagan Airport a try. It was actually great fun, and so convenient to the Woodley Park Guest House.

Can't wait until next year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I recently spent five nights at Woodley Park. It was great at the end of the day of sightseeing to go "home" to such a lovely place. The metro elevator entrance is just a half block away, and the ride to the Mall and the main tourist attractions was short. There were many excellent restaurants close by. We felt like we were in a cosmopolitan city without the hype and hustle of a touristy area. Our room was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.
One of the highlights of our stay was breakfast. It is a cold continental breakfast with a wonderful fruit salad, juices, flavored coffee, cereals, rolls and coffee cake, etc. The best part was visiting with the other guests - from all over the world - and wit Courtney, the owner. It was great fun to share our DC experiences with them and get hints for what to see.

Room Tip: Room 108 was quiet and very comfortable.