“still the best”

The Mansion on O Street
Ranked #120 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Been to the Mansion many times. Try to make it at least twice a year and the place never lets me down. Ted & H have a vision beyond most people. The place is amazing and changes all the time. The live concerts are a special treat. Sunday brunch-GREAT! Love all the bathrooms!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2009

I found this to be a depressing place, filled with clutter - it's like going to seven different second-hand stores in one building. Put simply, it's creepy. If you like to go to sleep surrounded by trinkets from dozens of estate sales, this place is for you.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank losangelessam
Reviewed June 27, 2009

this was my fifth time and I haven't been disappointed yet. Each time I stay in a diffferent room- they seem to be able to read my mind as to what room I want when they give me my choice when I check in (how cool is that!) and each room is better than the last. The showers, you need extra time in the morning since they are so good you don't want to get out. GO to the Mansion and you'll want to go again and again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rbars
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My wife and I had our wedding reception at The Mansion this past May and it was an amazing event. No detail was left undone, the management made the day very easy by handling all of the planning and our guests were blown away by the food, original ambiance and great service. The rooms in this place are amazing and the level of privacy in the Mansion is top of the line (as it is a favoritte of passing through celebrities). The location is smack in the middle of everything in DC and you can walk to any place of interest. If you are looking for a one of a kind lodging, dining or event space then look no further!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I had the pleasure of attending a two-day conference at the Mansion recently. It was a great place for brainstorming, as the unique atmosphere got everyone's creative juices going. I stayed in the Midshipman room; the steam shower was a nice surprise. I poked my head in as many rooms as I could (just wandering around is a trip) and they're pretty cool. There was even a two story log cabin room (with real logs), and -I've never seen this before- Bruce-Wayne-style secret doors. At least one of the rooms I found you actually entered through a pivoting bookcase. We attended their Monday Martini night, with dinner and open bar, the food spread went on and on through 3 different rooms; the desserts were AWESOME, and the drinks were good.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I stayed in January, the rooms were clean and the 3 staff members that we met were very attentive. I did attend a buffet style dinner, it was not impressive. The remainder of that stay we dinned out. I returned agin in April, to visit. My associates wanted to visit the, so called Mansion on O. They read reviews that the food was great. These reviews must have been written by close friends. The food was very plentiful but extremely dissapointing. As we sat there picking at our food, we actually saw a mouse run under a table in the dinning room, and then we saw another run under another table. I told our server and her reply was simply, "really, well we do have mice running around, we see them too. How disgusting. I will never return nor would I ever recommend anyone eat or stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank tsforgov
JuliaSophia, Hotel Manager at The Mansion on O Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2009

It is the goal of The Mansion on O Street to address any guest’s concerns during their stay, as we want every guest to experience the magic and leave happy. While we share your concern for such an experience we pride ourselves on cleanliness and have NEVER encountered anything like what you describe. The Mansion on O Street prides itself on its world class dining, superb staff and unique surroundings, as evidenced by our many fans on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Had the pleasure of visiting the Mansion again this winter and it was even more glorious than I remember! It always seems different every time I visit and each time more enchanting. I had the good fortune to stay in the Lennon Suite, it was beautiful.

I was lucky enough to be staying on a Monday night and took in the most unique dinner experience I have ever had. I attended the Monday night Dinnertini and it was awesome! The Martinis alone made it worth going, until I saw the abundance of delicious food! Everything from fresh carved meats to uniquely seasoned sides to unexpected comfort foods and desserts that were out of this world!

If you want to try something different that will stay in your memory forever I recommend The Mansion on O Street.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple