The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton
Ranked #101 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Indianapolis, United States
“DC Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I visit DC frequently to see my daughter. As she lives close to downtown and has a very small efficiency, I like to stay close by and have a room where I can be comfortable, have other family members and/or my husband and others stay or come by for a visit. The Double Tree in downtown DC has accommodations that satisfy all these needs with cleanliness, efficiency and some privacy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary G, General Manager at The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you Rosalind L. for the kind review regarding your November stay . I am happy we could satisfy all of your needs for you and your family during your visit with your daughter. I am also very pleased you found the hotel to be clean and efficient overall. We hope you get an opportunity to come visit us and your daughter again soon. Thanks again for the kind words.

Gary Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Templeton, MA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff, from the General Manager on down, at DoubleTree Washington is the best we have seen of the many hotel we have stayed at. They make you feel like family while you are there. They go above and beyond. We won't stay anywhere else when we go to DC every year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Gary L. for the review regarding your November stay It was such a pleasure to have met you and Janice and we greatly appreciate all for the positive feedback you gave on my wonderful team while you were here. I am sorry for our competitors loss but happy for our gain of such great guests. You truly are like family and I am pleased you felt the same about us. Come back and visit again soon. Tell your daughter hello and all of our best over the holidays!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was great and very accomadationg. We were travelling with a family member with Autism and they were extremely accomadating. The resturant and bar staff were extremely professional. The location and staff made the difference. The bathrooms need to updated but, still not bad at all. Coupled with a with City tour by Onward Tours (Dion is an excellent tour guide), this was a trip filled with great memories!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Eva G. for the review regarding your November stay. I am pleased you and the family had such a great visit and enjoyed our hotel. I am pleased that our team took such good care of you and you had a great time on your tour. I will pass along the comments to Dion and the team. We hope you plan another visit soon and thank you once again for the kind words.

Hinsdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great hotel! From the staff, restaurant to the rooms all were fantastic. Great walking location to lots of places as well as the convention center. Internet was complimentary which is always a great service. Who doesn't love cookies when you check in as well!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Jacqueline M. for the review regarding your November stay. I am pleased you rated our hotel " Great" from the staff to the restaurant to the rooms. I am happy you found the hotel to be convenient for your tip and also pleased you enjoyed your warm doubletree cookies. We do hope you plan a visit again soon. than k you once again for the kind words.

Weslaco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The room was up to date and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. It was close by to where I needed to be. The staff was very friendly. I like the breakfast in the morning, the food was good. I also liked that you can relax in the evening. I would definately stay there again and recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great hotel to stay in in Washington DC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Armando M. for the review regarding your November stay. I am pleased your found your stay enjoyable from the up to date, clean room, comfortable bed and our friendly team. We hope you enjoyed your time in DC and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Norman, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and were nervous because it seems this hotel didn't have a lot of good reviews. We were so happy to find out this was a great property, newly renovated, and quite nice rooms. My one issue is there was some slow service at the tables around the bar area. The bartender seemed to only like serving the bar top...

All in all, the management and staff were courteous and checked on us many times over our four night stay. The area surrounding the hotel (P St. and 15th) is awesome! Great restaurants, a Whole Foods, and Starbucks. Not to mention a bike share station.

Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner suite is huge!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Emily D. for the review regarding your November stay. I am happy you had an opportunity to come check out our hotel personally. I am also pleased you decided to follow your instinct with the majority of our great reviews and our team took good care of you. I am sorry to hear of the service around the bar area and have reviewed with the team. I hope you got to enjoy some of the local attractions and it sounds like you found the Whole Foods and Starbucks around the corner( A great addition for any stay). thanks again for the great review. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 for 5 nights whilst on a business trip to DC. I had a double room at the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor, and therein was a problem - the windows were not, as far as I could see, double glazed and there was a fair amount of noise from the traffic outside. To add to that, the air conditioning was quite obtrusive and when set to automatic woke me up several times whilst whirring into life.

The welcome at the front desk was friendly and courteous, and as a nice touch I was offered a warm cookie whilst checking in. The room was a reasonable size, although the bathroom was pretty cramped. The bed was large and comfortable and there were tea / coffee making facilities too. My main criticism of the room other than the noise is that the carpets were quite dirty and in need of replacement.

I didn't eat at the hotel, but a colleague who did enjoyed the breakfasts. Finally, location - the hotel is located on Scott Circle and is a brisk 10-15 minute walk from the White House should you wish to pop in and say Hi to anyone important. It's around 4 blocks to the 2 nearest metro stations but I wouldn't fancy doing it with luggage.

In summary, it's an OK base in DC for a few days, but would be greatly improved by decent double glazing and new carpets.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you AviatorUK. for the review regarding your November stay. I am sorry you found our street front room to be a bit noisy. although our windows are double glazed, at times city life can be a bit obtrusive if you're not used to it. We also have lovely rooms located on the back of our hotel overseeing our courtyard . Many guests find the street view to be more interesting but everyone has different expectations. We would be pleased to show you a room on the other side of the hotel on your return visit and would update your profile for future requests. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.