“Great stay for budget traveler!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton

The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton
Ranked #100 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay for budget traveler!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our one-week seminar and it was a pleasant experience. The double room was little small for three, but it was clean and convenient, just 10 mins from Dupont Circle where the restaurants seemed to cluster around. The towels were plenty and replaced throughout the day. We were greeted with warm cookies upon checking in the room, a nice surprise. Only one minus is the hotel was kind of far from the subway. Other than that, everything else met my expectation.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gary G, General Manager at The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you Hana N for your review of your October stay. I am happy you found our hotel to be overall pleasant and clean. Our location as you mentioned is a fantastic area to be able to get out and about and enjoy some of the local shops and restaurants. We would be pleased to offer some additional transportation options during your next visit. Thanks for taking the time top write a great review! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Gary Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros: cookie upon arrival. Clean rooms. Centrally located to tourist locations. Close to bars and restaurants. Easy to get a taxi. Friendly staff.awesome breakfast with healthy options.

Cons: can't think of any.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hank you thelookforless for your review of your October stay. I am happy you found our hotel location attractive and our rooms clean. I am also pleased to hear you found our team friendly. Thankfully we do have a few healthy options for breakfast after experiencing one of those wonderful doubletree cookies. I am glad you got to enjoy both!. We hope to see you again soon. thanks for the great review!

Westmont, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was small with only a queen sized bed. Hallways were generally loud with slamming doors. Check in was awkward, since we wanted to valet our car for the night and couldn't find anyone to help. The location is nice, and the rooms were clean, although there was a small stain on the comforter.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Kimkinberiee for your review of your October stay. I am sorry you did not recive our true, warm Doubletree welcome upon arrival. lour valet team is generally ready and eager to welcome our guests to the hotel. We do have a variety of rooms based on our guests needs and we would be pleased to mark your profile for room preference during your next visit. We hope you got to get out and enjoy your time here and we do look forward to seeing you again soon. thank you for taking the time to post a review

San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel for work enough to earn me Diamond level status with Hilton (HHonors) and Platinum level status of Starwood (SPG). I booked a room at this hotel to mix things up and try to different hotels in the area as I'm in Washington, DC at least once a week.

This hotel seems old. It has several areas where the floor is uneven. I found myself tripping on the way out of the elevator more than once. However, the staff is friendly. At least the day time staff is friendly. When I checked in on Monday, September 23rd the staff was being trained and the training manager was a little overbearing, requiring me to provide my government identification and such.

None of this would have been enough to trigger me to give the hotel only two stars. That is until I got to my room. I was given a room so small it was just big enough to put a queen sized bed. I found myself setting up the ironing board to have someplace to put my suitcase. I've had rooms on cruise ships that were bigger. The bathroom was old and small, very small.

There are so many great places to stay in Washington, DC. Put simply this just isn't one of them.

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms. It is just off a busy area of DC. You'll likely hear the sirens from...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you StarchStone for your review of your September stay. I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay in general. Our unique boutique -style hotel was actually once two buildings in DC and may account for the slight grade coming off the elevators that you spoke of. We regretfully do require government ID to protect the integrity of government rates established as do most hotels. We do hope you enjoyed your time in DC and we would be pleased to mark your reservation profile for a room type request on your next visit. we do have quite the variety of room types and sizes based on our guests needs and would be pleased to do our best to accommodate your request.

Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is very welcoming from the moment you pull up in valet until the time you check out. The staffs service was courteous and extremely friendly. Hotel is very clean and comforting from the moment you walk in the front door to your room. The food choices in the restaurant are very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Marisol C for your review of your September stay. I am pleased you felt welcomed from the moment you arrived until you departed. Our team is very friendly and proud of our hotel. I am also pleased you were able to enjoy some of our great food in our 15RIA restaurant. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. thank you for such a great review!

Karmiel, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We arrived late in the night and we received hot cookies and coffee at our room,very good breakfast and close to all the main attractions;silent place excellent for a rest after all day activities in DC.I strongly reccommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Gustavo i for your review of your September stay. I am pleased your enjoyed your quiet , comfortable stay with us and were able to experience our warm cookies. We hope you enjoyed your time in DC and look forward to you coming back again soon. thanks again for taking the time to post a review.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hotel was a 15 min. taxing ride which cost $20.00. Small lobby but it worked and typical of the big city hotels. Pleasant experience on check-in it was 11pm and only me so not sure how it would be with a crowd. I went to my room which was a decent size until I went to the bathroom. The smallest I'd ever had (even in Europe). To take a shower was a bit difficult. This was a downer but I got use to it...stayed 3 days. We had a board meeting there and the room was of adequate size and nicely appointed. Staff was accommodating and even managed to get an unplanned lunch delivered with no fuss. On the bar front, nicely appointed with outside area which was nice as the weather was perfect. You can also smoke a cigar for those interested. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. Also sightseeing with walking distance. I would recommend this hotel...staff very accommodating.

One more thing on the room...there are several sizes on regular rooms. Make sure when you check in you ask for the larger on the single rooms ...one of my colleagues was really small

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you David S for your review of your September stay. I am pleased you had a great check in and got to experience our wonderful 15 RIA lounge space outside. This is the perfect time of year to sit outside, people watch and enjoy a drink or some good food . I am sorry you found the bathroom to not be as accommodating. We do offer a variety of room types and sizes based on our guests needs. We would be pleased to mark your profile upon your next stay for your room preference. We hope you had a great board meeting and enjoyed your time in the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.