“Nice location, adequate room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton

The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton
Ranked #100 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Centennial, Colorado
“Nice location, adequate room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here as a base for a relatives wedding. Our king room was very small, hard for 2 people to maneuver around the bed. The bathroom was especially small - very little room around the single sink for toiletries. We were at the end of a hall facing the front of the hotel and the property was quiet. Room rate included breakfast and the breakfast buffet was good. No extras at the property (pool, hot tub). Location was convenient for sightseeing and events around the wedding.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I always read reviews on hotels before I book them and felt obligated to write this review. I was so impressed by the amazing customer service provided by all staff members in this hotel. We arrived early and our room was not ready, The receptionist took our number and called us when it was ready for us. The rooms were basic hotel rooms but were updated and very clean. I am a bug freak so I check the beds and the dressers and they were clean and free of any bed bugs. The beds were amazing and you could smell how clean everything was. The bathrooms were a bit small but it is a hotel so it's not a huge deal. The maintenance crew was on top of things-after a heavy rain, I noticed there was mud in an elevator. I went back in the elevator minutes later and it had already been cleaned up. My kids received warm chocolate chip cookies several times after coming through the lobby and there was always fresh fruit available at the desk. We were always greeted every time we walked past an employee and anyone I asked a question to was able to help me.
On the last day of our trip, the alternator went in our van the minute we puled up at the hotel. The valet did everything he could to assist us-and he did it with a smile. . We managed to get it started and then he let us borrow the jumper cables in case we broke down on our way to get it fixed. Everyone was so patient and understanding. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

My sister & I stayed here for my cousins wedding and the overall stay was good but there were a few "problems". First, after traveling all day (we were up at 4:00 am) when we arrived we were told the room wasn't ready yet. I was a little confused because our reservation stated check in was at 3:00 pm & it was almost 4:00 pm & the room still hadn't been "inspected". We were told to wait in the bar or lobby & they would come get us soon. We must have looked pretty exhausted because the "manager" came & got us after about 15 minutes & took us to our room himself. That was a good thing because the key card didn't work so he had to open the door with his. He did send maintenance back & they got the key taken care of. Later that night, there was an envelope under our door for 1 free drink for our inconvenience. My question is, only 1 of us was inconvenienced? The room was clean & the beds are WONDERFULLY COMFORTABLE!!!! My couple of issues are these: the bathroom is tiny, I had to step over the toilet to get the door closed. The soap dish in the shower is placed right at elbow height so of course I kept hitting my elbow. The toilet paper holder kept falling off & we had to "chase" the toilet paper around all weekend. We left the 1st morning & housekeeping was cleaning the rooms right next to ours. We were gone about 4 hours & when we came back, what do you know, our room had not been cleaned yet, We left again for an hour or so & they had finally come back to clean. Unfortunately they did not leave any washclothes at all. We had to call for some more & they did arrive very quickly. I wish they would have a frig in the room because we were on a floor that didn't have an ice machince so we had to go up or down to get ice. Also, there wasn't much room to put our things on without setting everything on the floor. When we checked out, we left our bags & there was no problem with that. The concierge also helped us get a ride to the BWI airport & was very helpful. Overall, not a bad experience & would consider staying here again but would probably look at other hotels first. The location was pretty good I just wish you didn't have to walk several blocks to find a cheaper restaurant than the hotel restaurant (pretty expensive). The staff was also very helpful & friendly, especially Steve & the concierge.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sondra F
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've had more amenities and more "space" in the Motel 6 and Super 8. No fridge, no microwave, and a bathroom so tiny one could barely turn around in it. Also, no exhaust in the bathroom. After nature calls, the room can stink for HOURS. No pool, no hot tub, busically nothing but 2 beds in a room. Now they were pretty comfortable beds, I've give them that. I found the staff to be friendly. But we had a view of the back alley and the joy of being woken up each day by the beep beep beep of garbage trucks. An overall bummer of a trip for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sue g
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My son and I chose to stay in a junior suite and we very happy with the size and cleanliness of the room. The breakfast buffet was good, as was room service (reasonably priced!) and dinner. We chose to walk or take taxis around DC, and we were very happy with our location. I was originally thinking of booking a more well known DC hotel, but I was very pleased with this choice and was happy with the savings. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
wickly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Doubletree is priced very competitively for its location. It is central to government buildings (about 6 blocks from White House) and just around the corner from the bustling P street/Logan Circle district with lots of restaraunts, bars, stores etc. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. As with other Doubletrees, the warm chocolate chip cookies are a nice treat. The room was nicely furnished, clean and the bed quite comfortable. But, the room was very very small. There was nowhere to set a suitacse: no dresser top or room for a suitcase stand. The airmoire with a few drawers and TV and a small desk took up the whole length of one wall. The bathroom was so small that it would have been impossible to use the toilet or sink without closing the door and impossible for two people to be in the space together, even if one was in the shower and closed the curved curtain...the smallest hotel bathroom I've ever seen. As a single traveller for one night, the small space was OK and a decent trade-off for the price, location and free cookies.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice clean neat hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. we were able to walk from here to all of the national mall sites, but beware the walk is about a mile before you reach those areas and you will be walking all day. the restaurant has a buffet breakfast, pricy though we only ate there once and brought muffins juice and protien bars for other days. There is no refridgerator in the room so bring a small cooler to keep your food cold with the ice from the ice machine. my only real complaint about the hotel was it felt a little cramped but i assum that is the same with most city hotels unless you spring for a suit. we couldnt even fit the three of us and our luggage into one elevator, bathrooms are tight too. Parkingas with many of the other hotels is expensive 36 per day with tax and valet parked so tips are expected so budget that into the trip. but all in all a good hotel and i will look for them in future travels. on a side note make sure to check out the bonzai museum at the national arboretum on your way out of town, one of my favorite experiences in dc

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family