“The Hotel George made my first stay in Washington easy and welcome!”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #21 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, Arizona
“The Hotel George made my first stay in Washington easy and welcome!”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

The Hotel George was my choice because of its important location in the nation's capital. I was able to have great meals at the Hotel George's restaurant and bistro with accommodating servers. The Republican Senatorial Inner Circle meeting was within a five minute walk from the Hotel George at a nearby hotel. I was able to walk from the Hotel George to the Capitol Building for a guided tour which I registered for on the internet from home in Tucson Arizona. Room service at the Hotel George made me feel welcome during the downtime of my stay. This was my first visit to Washington DC was made as hassle-free as possible thanks to the Johnny and Joshua in the hotel lobby during check-in and my server Bryan at the restaurant as well as others who made me feel welcome and important as a visitor to Washington DC.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Let me begin by saying I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Kimpton chain of hotels.

This was the first time I have ever stayed at The Hotel George. Upon arrival you have the option of valet parking or finding your own parking, but I chose and recommend valet. As soon as I stepped out of the car, an employee was there to greet me and offer assistance. My bags were taken care of and I headed to the desk to check in, where the great service continued. I was informed of local events, offered a glass of wine, and asked if I needed anything.

I skipped the glass of wine and headed to the room, which was nicely appointed. Large flat panel TV, a sitting area, a large desk, and two great beds didn't fill the rom. I had a great amount of space.

After unpacking, I headed to the fitness center, which for a hotel was very well appointed and clean. This is the overall feel of this hotel - clean and well appointed,

During my stay, there was not much staff wouldn't assist with. I forgot my key two times, each time replaced by Sirrah at the front desk, who was great to talk to and very helpful.

Overall, it was a great stay here and I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank The-finer-diners
Bronx, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Extremely friendly & helpful staff. Those that I had contact with were Michael Love, Johnny, Josh & Sirrah. All were absolutely wonderful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC. Since it's pet friendly, they even walk your dog............ Loved it.

1 Thank CorinneBorrelli
Monroe ny
Reviewed April 21, 2010

A friendly atmosphere with very accomodating and helpful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in DC - close to all major attractions.

Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We arrived in Wash. DC. via train from N.Y. The hotel is a short couple of blocks from Union Station. We were meeting a group of friends there and one of our friends got lost and the front desk was very helpful in trying to give her directions. They could not be more accommodating to us during our stay helping with recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing tours. Our rooms were very clean and were very comfortable. We definitely would return. Special thanks to Michael Long, Surrah and Johnny at the front desk.....

1 Thank Digram7
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The staff was just great! They were always friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and clean, the decor was beautiful. It was a great location, close to Union Station where Amtrak is. The tours would pick up there also at Union Station,about a five minute walk. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be going back there again. It is a hidden jewel of DC. You will have a great experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank worldtraveler35904
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2010

My trip to DC was for a Class Reunion, and everyone arrived via different modes of transportation. I drove from NC, and once I arrived in the Capitol, I got lost and called the hotel several times for directions. I was lost for 3 hours to be exact. The staff (Josh & Johnny) never lost their patience in giving directions, Josh even used his personal cell, as mine kept cutting off, to get me in. I have traveled as far as Europe, and never met with such polite, patient, and caring staff. They even presented me with a complementary bottle of wine for my troubles, when it is I who should have presented the wine to them! The Bistro Cafe on the premises never disappointed. I would highly recommend this hotel to a friend, and have already recommended Hotel George, to several neighbors--one of whom had come across the Hotel George as a "pet friendly" place to stay when in DC. Accolades to Michael Love, and all the hotel staff, for going out of their way in accomodating our group fwith everything from luggage to umbrellas and canes.

1 Thank Angie19632010