Kimpton George Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$188
$175
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$366
$152
$204
$175
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$296
$159
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$323
$269
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$287
$234
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$219
$197
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,244 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakerymini baranimal print robesyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary wineattached restaurantcapital buildingsupreme courthomeless peoplenational mallfront desk staff
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel experience was great until I got a bill for $500 to replace the carpet because there were cigarette burns supposedly caused by us. There weren't any cigarette burns when we left and we sure as heck weren't smoking in in the room. This hotel is dishonest. Watch your back or you'll be footing the bill for their remodel.

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Rob P
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Rob P -

Thank you for staying with us at The George, a Kimpton Hotel.

After reading your comments, I looked in our system and we have not charged a smoking, carpet replacement, or deep cleaning fee after the renovation. Can you send me your information and I would be happy to look into it further as there seems to be a mistake.

Thanks,
Clayton (clayton.smith@hotelgeorge.com)

Front Office Manager
The George, a Kimpton Hotel

Reviewed March 30, 2014

What an amazing hotel! I was in town for a conference and the George hotel was the best part of my trip. The staff was knowledgeable and super hospitable. If every conference u attended was in DC I would be extremely fortunate. Did I mention there is a free wine happy hour from 5 - 6 PM every night? The rooms are amazing and the location is adjacent to Union Station. Overall I had an amazing experience and I look forward to staying at the George hotel when I visit DC in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ajdop
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

It's because of the most amazing guests, ajdop! We are looking forward to having you back as well, but if your travel does take you elsewhere look for our sisters. They probably aren't quite as awesome as we are, but the whole Kimpton family celebrates that wonderful wine hour.

Cheers!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Highly recommend this hotel they were very accommodating, rooms are beautiful, and staff is excellent!! This is a must stay hotel for anyone visiting DC! Not to mention the free wine happy hour in the lobby every day from 5-6.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tucker0610

Your excitement is palpable, Tucker! We're just as jazzed as you are that you loved your stay with us. Let us know when you plan on returning so we can bask in each others' enthusiasm!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I am generally a fan of Kimpton properties. I find them chic, interesting and usually nicely appointed - Hotel George is a fine example.

Recently rennovated that hotel is clean and crisp. Love the George theme everywhere. It's very clever.

My room was large by Washington DC standards. Bed was very comfortable - bathroom large, clean and good amenities. Good lighting and a make-up mirror. Coffee maker in the room. Staff were friendly and my early check in was as requested.

I love that Kimpton gives members of their club free wi-fi and a $10 coupon for the mini bar. It's the little things that make endless business travel better and I really appreciate both of these.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mmmmlol

Thank you, mmmmlol! (Love that name, by the way!) We're glad you enjoyed your time here and hope that means we'll have you back in the future.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a great place to stay. Not is it only a block from Union Station and close to the major attractions, the staff is just fabulous. They couldn't do enough for me.
I arrived late, about 10:30 PM and both Blair and Katherine were just as friendly and warm as they could be. They offered me a glass of wine and told me that a bottle was waiting in my room. (Although it wasn't there, it was delivered the next day.) As a Klimpton member, I reveived free internet and they were nice enough to give me a breakfast credit to the Bistro Bis where breakfast is served.
My room was quite large with a high def. television, a couch, and lots of space. The room was bright and clean.
There is a free wine tasting every day from 5 to 6 with the manager (who was extremely friendly) pouring. I was surprised by the quality of the wine. As someone who drinks wine every day, it was quite good.
I struck up several conversations with the manager as I told him how pleased I was with the hotel. He told me that they try to impower the staff to say "yes" as much as possible. They certainly do that!
I'll definately stay here on my next trip to Washinbgton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank steveboces1
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you Steveboces! We're so glad you were able to take advantage of our team full of yes. Perhaps an opportunity to use the strategy yourself: Will you visit again soon?

See you then,